Plug And Play selects 25 startups to join its insurtech batch
PnP Insurtech program announced its second cohort:
(1) Abaris: direct-to-consumer platform for longevity insurance.
(2) Atidot: predictive analytics platform for actuarial and risk management purposes.
(3) Aureus Analytics: data platform for increased customer retention.
(4) BenRevo: health insurance platform.
(5) Bold Penguin: commercial insurance marketplace/ lead-gen platform.
(6) BrokerLift: a cloud-based insurance eCommerce platform.
(7) Cybewrite: cyber underwriting platform.
(8) DataRobot: enterprise machine learning platform.
(9) Extraordinary Re: a platform to transfer risk from the insurance industry to capital markets investors.
(10) Fenris: mobile quoting platform for insurers.
(11) Instanda: a management tool for fast product launch.
(12) Jumpstart: earthquake insurance providers.
(13) Lapetus Solutions: underwriting platform for life insurers.
(14) LevelFunded Health: employee benefits provider.
(15) Limelight Health: enterprise technology for the health insurance industry.
(16) Matic Insurance: software to provide homeowners insurance during the mortgage process.
(17) Neosurance: microinsurance tech.
(18) Pillar Technologies: an end-to-end environmental monitoring solution for the construction site.
(19) Pointivo: 3D intelligence platform using.
(20) Pypestream: messaging platform.
(21) RiskBazaar: P2P risk contracts on blockchain.
(22) SituatiVe: event based insurance.
(23) Snapsheet: claims platform.
(24) Zeguro: cyber insurance platform for SMEs.
(25) Zensurance: online insurance portal targeting small business owners.
Bonus: Fast Five
(1) Average company size by employee number: 24.
Largest company by employee number: DataRobot.
(2) Average startup age: 2 years old.
Oldest company: Snapsheet.
Youngest companies: Zensurance, Atidot, BoldPenguin, Fenris Digital and Neosurance.
(3) 24% intermediaries and 76% enablers.
(4) 72% of the companies are from the US.
(5) 64% of the companies received some level of funding.
Most funded: DataRobot, which just announced $54 million in Series C.
Off on a tangent: PnP also announced their “largest cohort to date” counting 175 startups. Maybe, if you count at least 8 startups twice (count: Abaris, Applied Particle Technology, Breinify, DataRobot, Outernets, Pointivo, Pillar Technologies, ZeroLight).