Great Eastern offers insurance via fitness app ActiveSG
Great Eastern, a subsidiary of OCBC Bank serving over 4 million policyholders in Singapore and Malaysia, has partnered with physical fitness platform ActiveSG to launch Active Care, a personal accident protection plan underwritten by Great Eastern and for the first time, available exclusively to ActiveSG members through the ActiveSG app.
Active Care is available exclusively to ActiveSG members through its mobile app for only S$9 per year – which includes accidental death/permanent total disablement protection up to S$20,000 and medical expense reimbursements up to S$200.
- Exclusively on the app: Active Care will be the first protection plan available on the ActiveSG app.
- No medical examination required: Singaporeans can purchase Active Care directly via the ActiveSG mobile app without undergoing any medical examination.
- 24/7 protection for family: Everyone young and old (3–70 years old) can be protected 24/7, with coverage not limited to sporting activities.
- Receive ActiveSG rebates: Every plan purchased earns the member a rebate of S$2 directly credited to their ActiveSG Wallet. For a limited time, members can enjoy additional S$2 ActiveSG rebates.
- Giving back: In the spirit of sportsmanship and care for our local athletes, every purchase of the Active Care includes a S$1 donation to the One Team Singapore Fund to aid Team Singapore athletes in their training and competitions.
“ActiveSG believes in offering individuals, families and communities ample opportunities to experience and share the joy of living better through sport. We are excited to work with Great 2 Eastern to encourage Singaporeans to embrace an active lifestyle while having peace of mind. The interface makes it easy for ActiveSG members to seamlessly access Active Care on the app with just a few clicks. The partnership will also celebrate the spirit of giving and support our local athletes by contributing S$1 to the One Team Singapore Fund for every Active Care sign-up.” – Chief of ActiveSG, Sport Singapore, Lai Chin Kwang.
“We are excited to be able play a role in working with ActiveSG to champion their charter for active lifestyles. By making it conveniently accessible via the ActiveSG app, Active Care is designed to ensure all Singaporeans can pursue and enjoy active and healthy lifestyles.’ – Managing Director for Digital for Business, Great Eastern, Ryan Cheong.
Bottom Line: The plan is available to more than 1.6 million ActiveSG users.