Starling Bank launches online banking for small businesses
Starling Bank is launching an online banking version for small businesses, giving them the option to manage their banking needs from a web app alongside the existing smartphone app.
With the new banking web app, Starling’s 66,000 business customers will be able to:
- Set up payments, add payees and edit standing orders
- See their bank balance and list of transactions in real time
- View and export statements to CSV or PDF and save them straight to their desktop
- See what they’re spending on rent, travel, supplies – or food for the office dog – with automatic categorization
- Lock their business card if they’ve lost it or turn off online payments or cash withdrawals
- Set money aside in Savings Goals for their tax bill or new equipment
“Customers asked; we delivered. Many small business owners told us they wanted to be able to bank online as well as on their mobiles, as their businesses grow and become more complex. By making accounts accessible on laptops and desktops, we’re giving our customers even more flexibility to bank the way that best suits them and to get on with doing what they do best: running their businesses. At Starling we never stand still – this is just one of a suite of new features we are building.” – Starling Bank founder and CEO Anne Boden.