State Auto Labs Manager
Works with the SVP/Managing Director of State Auto Labs to develop and manage new ideas, partnerships, and innovation from introduction through implementation throughout the organization. Uses insurance knowledge to recognize promising ideas and products that have the potential to be used by the core business and introduce those into the organization. Manages external and internal relationships at all levels of the company. Must be knowledgeable about new technology as well as a strong relationship builder and collaborator.
Travel Requirement at least 40%
Develops and manages new ideas, partnerships, and innovation from introduction through implementation throughout the organization.
Recognizes promising ideas and products that have the potential to be used by the core business and introduce those into the organization.
Monitors the development of other organizations to spot trends and stays ahead of new developments in the industry.
Manages external and internal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Preferred degree in business or related field
- Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must be independent and self-directed, but able to work with and lead a team of individuals
- Strong insurance knowledge
- Familiarity with the startup ecosystem and the venture capital ecosystem
- Must be able to collaborate with executives, VP’s, and core business teams
- Must be able to build strong relationships
- Must be comfortable and confident with public speaking and possess strong oral skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas
- Must be willing to take risks and manage expectations of both internal teams and potential and existing customers
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions, we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.