Head of Insurance
Tint makes it easy for tech platforms to embed insurance into their products. We help companies such as Outdoorsy, Boatsetter, Riders Share, Quantstamp, amongst others, unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with insurance.
Our insurance platform provides everything needed, from underwriting software to access to insurers to compliance. All available through a simple API and a no-code app.
We’re backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
Location: Flexible, we’re a distributed team
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial insurance professional to help us partner with the world’s best carriers to enable our clients to distribute insurance products. As a true pioneer and the first person on the Insurance team, you will be at the core of our product. You will be responsible for trailblazing the relationships and programs that will enable the company to grow.
The ideal candidate is an all-around athlete, with strong skills in business development and analytics, that has deep knowledge about the insurance industry with existing connections in the space. You will be working directly with the founding team and be involved in the early stages of the startup development.
You got it? Perfect, we like you already. Let’s talk specifics:
- Oversee insurance operations, compliance, and licensing
- Manage Carrier Relationships
- Work with Tint customers to develop unique programs which utilize the Tint Insurance Platform
- Participate in sourcing new customers
- Effectively communicate strategy, objectives, and performance results cross-functionally.
- 5+ years of work experience as an underwriter or in an insurance agency
- Experience developing complex programs
- Excellence in Business Development
- Organization skills
- Professional work ethic coupled with sound judgment
- Ability to work independently in a distributed team setting
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation aka you’re a fast learner
- Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view. You are excited about the idea of working with a small team to get the job done, even if you sometimes need to do things that are outside of your direct job description
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Surplus and retail broker licenses are a plus
- Commercial Auto and Shared Economy industry experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity grant
- Health benefits
- Company-sponsored team retreats in exotic destinations
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply: send an email with your resume to email@example.com
How to apply
Please submit your application via Angelist: click here