Director of Insurtech Partnerships
About Boost: The Next Generation of Insurance
Boost Insurance is a next generation insurance platform built from the ground up to power insurtech startups and other consumer technology companies as our distribution partners. We partner with cutting edge startups and consumer brands to create white labeled insurance programs so they can offer any kind of protection to their customers – how they want it, when they’re most likely to buy it, and who they’re most likely to buy it from. We’ve simplified the process for both insurance and non-insurance-focused companies by turning it into a true platform solution.
We’re powering the future of insurance by combining modern technology with an insatiable appetite for new and unique insurance products. Our platform is half tech and half analog (this is insurance, after all). We are a 50-state licensed Property & Casualty (P&C) Managing General Agency (MGA) appointed by an ‘A’-Rated insurance carrier. We provide bespoke, end-to-end insurance program development and ongoing management for our partners. Boost’s modern API-driven policy administration system can programmatically rate, quote, bind, and issue insurance policies as well as manage them throughout their life cycles. Plug in and go.
The Role: Director of Insurtech Partnerships
The Director of Insurtech Partnerships will play a critical role in the development and execution of Boost’s growth and partnership strategy. Working directly with senior management, the candidate will be responsible for cultivating relationships with technology startups to expand Boost’s distribution partner base. Additionally, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for evaluating partnership opportunities through the full end-to-end Boost diligence and on boarding process including first contact, due diligence reporting, implementation, and ongoing client management. The role encompasses both new business development responsibilities as well as insurtech program management duties.
- Source insurtech startups and other digital platform companies interested in partnering with Boost.
- Cultivate opportunities and lead pipeline
- Establish key insurance industry and tech ecosystem relationships to help expand the Boost brand and platform.
- Work with the Head of Business Operations and Head of Insurance Strategy to vet and approve opportunities.
- Establish a deep understanding of the Boost Platform’s capabilities to strategically articulate a compelling value proposition pitch to potential insurtech and digital platform partners and external stakeholders.
- Guide insurtech and other digital platform opportunities through the Boost due diligence process.
- Strategically craft memorandums detailing the business and insurance opportunity to Boost stakeholders.
- Work with the Head of Business Operations through the operational implementation of new insurtech programs onto the Boost platform.
- Nurture and maintain existing Boost insurtech programs; including but not limited to: program data reporting, internal day-to-day program operations, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Help establish and develop scalable operational workflows to drive efficiencies in the Boost deal process.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus
- 4-7 years in a deal driven role such as business development, venture capital, investment banking, private equity or corporate development.
- Previous experience working in or with startup/tech companies a big plus
- Exceptional ability to identify and create innovative product opportunities
- Deep professional writing experience including investment memorandums, RFPs, and project pitch narratives
- Insurance experience not required but preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong Excel and presentation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to derive need without being told exactly what to do
- A fun, badass attitude with a desire to build something huge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to “get in the weeds” and “get hands dirty” with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies
- Intellectual curiosity
Start Date: Immediate
Location: New York City (MUST BE WILLING TO WORK IN NEW YORK FULL-TIME)
Compensation: Cash and equity commensurate with experience
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Beer (it’s 5 o’clock somewhere)
- Work with a close-knit team that likes to have fun
How to apply
Apply here: https://www.boostinsurance.io/careers/