The Associate Controller (Accounting Manager) is a key member of our leadership team, reporting to the CEO. Your mission is to wake up every day ensuring all financial records are maintained in accordance to GAAP and company policy. You will handle all cash flow and treasury functions, including agency billing, AP and AR. You’ll also work closely with our finance/accounting partner, in addition to the Bunker Leadership Team.
Why Join Bunker?
- Purpose: Bunker is empowering business relationships by embedding insurance into the compliance and procurement process.
- Team: We’re a still small but quickly growing team – based in cool downtown offices in San Francisco, CA and Madison, WI.
- Culture: We thrive on purposeful change, authentic comradery, coffee and sarcasm and laughter. Oh, and we’re a tech startup, which means we don’t have a dress code, employees get free healthcare, were constantly testing new ways to solve problems, and we routinely make fun of ourselves!
- Investors: Series A funded, backed by leading venture capitalists and Fortune 1000 insurance companies.
- Disruption: The insurance industry is a $100B segment with legacy processes and products built for an aging economic system. It’s ripe for the saying, “there has to be a better way”.
- Treasury and cash flow management, including bank compliance, and other reporting requirements.
- Develop, document, and implement key company and accounting policies and procedures in collaboration with other teams/departments.
- Manage month-end close process, including preparation of account reconciliations, posting general journal entries, identify and resolve variances in revenue or expenses reported.
- Reconcile monthly carrier commission statements/revenue with cash flow.
- Optimize agency billing function, and work with our customer ops team to execute that process. Work closely with the Director of Business Operations to optimize our investor and stakeholder reporting process
- Work with the leadership team to build functional budgets, rolling those out to the teams and tracking on a monthly basis.
- 5+ years of experience within a P&C insurance carrier, agency, or brokerage accounting function. Unfortunately applicants without direct experience inside of carrier, agency, or brokerage are not able to be considered.
- Advanced degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business Administration
- Ability to operate in a dynamically changing/early stage environment, with less direction and structure
- Significant progressive experience in general ledgers, preferably in a fast paced, high-growth environment. Experience with Expensify, Xero, and Gsuite preferred, but not required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Are you passionate about creating experiences that people love and being a pioneer for change in a $100B business segment? Do you find motivation in solving complex challenges in a rapidly changing environment? If yes, then let’s start the dialogue.
How to apply