Des Moines-based Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA) is preparing for launch day – Feb. 9 – with the following winning teams:
- Smart Drivinc (St. Louis, Missouri): a distracted driving and crash prevention app that disables drivers’ cell phones while driving
- Fluttrbox (Montreal, Canada): on-demand aerial imaging and mapping application that provides detailed property assessments via aerial drone images
- WeSavvy (Dublin, Ireland): a health insurance app that rewards customers with cash off their insurance premium based on their level of physical activity
- Telematic (Madison, Wisconsin): a connected car app that offers auto insurance companies the ability to price insurance by monitoring driving and mobile behavior
- Serious Social Media (Orange, California): an automated social media marketing software for the busy insurance agent
- Isaac Re – (New York, New York): a marketplace software for investment in bonds that are backed by insurance risks
In the #s: one robust network of insurance industry leaders, six teams across two continents, 100 days of mentor-driven investment program, $40,000 of seed capital in exchange for 6% equity stake in each company.