FF Joins MOBI Blockchain Consortium
Faraday Future (FF) announced that it has joined MOBI, the Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative, to explore blockchain and distributed ledger technology for use in the development of a digital mobility ecosystem that could make transportation safer, more affordable, and more widely available.
FF is collaborating with MOBI and other industry, government, and non-profit partners to foster a digital environment where users – both businesses and consumers – may securely record driving data, manage ride-share and car-share transactions, and store vehicle identity and usage information. Initially, FF will work with MOBI on projects related to:
- Vehicle identity, history, and data tracking
- Supply chain tracking, transparency, and efficiency
- Autonomous machine and vehicle payments
- Secure mobility ecosystem commerce
- Data markets for autonomous and human driving
- Car sharing and ride hailing
- Usage based mobility pricing for vehicles, insurance, energy, congestion, pollution, infrastructure, etc.
“FF aims to bring to market a clean, intelligent, connected, and shared mobility ecosystem and being part of MOBI will help us to achieve that. Blockchain is a key emerging technology in the automotive and mobility space to make transportation safer, more affordable, and more widely accessible. We look forward to collaborating with other renowned partners on furthering this technology.” – Head of Product for Vehicle Software Platform at FF, Shyam Sundar.
MOBI’s partners and sponsors include: BMW, GM, Ford, IBM, and Achmea, among others.