Airbnb improves insurance offering for hosts
Last November, Airbnb introduced AirCover, a protection plan that groups together the company’s Host damage protection, Host liability insurance, and Experiences liability insurance. At the time, it offered $1 million in damage protection and $1 million in liability coverage.
Now, the company is introducing new coverage features and improvements for its AirCover for Hosts program.
- Guest identity verification – Airbnb is expanding identity verification to all booking guests traveling to the top 35 countries and regions on Airbnb — representing 90% of all reservations. The company will expand guest identity verification worldwide in Spring 2023.
- Reservation screening technology – Airbnb is launching its proprietary reservation screening technology in the US and Canada, which helps reduce the chance of disruptive parties. The company will expand our reservation screening technology worldwide in Spring 2023.
- $3M damage protection – Airbnb is tripling damage protection from $1 million to $3 million – covering both the home and its contents.
- Auto & boat protection – Airbnb is now providing damage protection for cars, boats, and other watercraft that are parked or stored at the property.
- Art & valuables protection – A wider range of fine art, jewelry, and collectibles will now be repaired or replaced at appraised value.
- Easier to file a claim – Hosts can now file a claim for damage protection in a “few simple steps” and track its progress from submission through payout.
In August, we reported that Airbnb has begun offering travel insurance to guests in the US.