Terms & Conditions. (Updated on 8/25/2017).
We may modify, suspend or discontinue this website, the Materials and/or elements of the Platform at any time and without notifying you. We may also change, update, add or remove provisions of these Terms from time to time. If you object to any modifications to these Terms or the Platform, your sole recourse shall be to cease using this website, the Materials and the Platform. Continued use following notice of any such modifications indicates that you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the modifications. These Terms may be superseded by expressly-designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of our websites. These expressly-designated legal notices or terms are incorporated into these Terms and supersede the provision(s) of these Terms that are designated as being superseded. These Terms may also be superseded by an express written agreement between you and Coverager.
By using our websites or the Platform, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age (a “Minor”), that you are using the website and/or Platform with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the website and/or Platform and agree to these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Minor, you agree to bind the Minor to these Terms and to fully indemnify and hold us harmless if the Minor breaches any of these Terms.
In these Terms we are granting you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display internally certain Materials and, if applicable, to access and use the Service; your right to do so is conditioned on your compliance with these Terms. You have no rights in our websites, any Materials or the Platform other than as stated in these Terms and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of our Materials in any manner. If you make copies of any of our Materials while engaging in Permitted Purposes then we ask that you be sure to keep on the copies all of our copyright and other proprietary notices as they appear on the Materials.
PASSWORD RESTRICTED AREAS OF THIS WEBSITE.
If you want an account with us, you must submit the following information through the account registration page:
- A working email address;
- First and last name;
Once you submit the required registration information, we alone will determine whether or not to approve your proposed account. If approved, you will be permitted to log in to your account with your new user name and password. For so long as you use the account, you agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information which can be accomplished by logging into your account and making relevant changes directly, though if you wish to change the email address associated with your account, you must contact us using the below contact information and we can make the changes for you.
USE AND AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM.
The Platform may be unavailable at certain times, including during any unanticipated or unscheduled downtime or as a result of system failures or force majeure events. You acknowledge and agree that we obtain data for the Service from third parties, and that such sources may become temporarily or permanently unavailable. We reserve the right to modify and update the Service from time to time, including the addition and removal of data elements and Materials provided in connection with the Service.
We may temporarily or permanently suspend your access to any portion or all of the Platform if we reasonably determines that: (a) there is a threat or attack on the Platform (including a denial of service attack) or other event that may create a risk to the Platform or users of the Platform; (b) your use of the Platform disrupts or poses a security risk to the Platform or any other user of the Platform, may harm our systems, or may subject us or any third party to liability; (c) you are using the Platform for fraudulent or illegal activities; (d) you are using the Platform in breach of these Terms (including, without limitation, using the data other than for internal purposes); (e) you have ceased to continue your business in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding; or (f) there is an unusual spike or increase in your use of the Platform (collectively, “Service Suspensions”). If you are an affected subscriber, we will make commercially reasonable efforts, circumstances permitting, to provide written notice of any Service Suspension to you. We will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any Service Suspension.
You hereby agree to notify us if you become aware that the Platform or any part thereof is being used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
By using our websites and/or the Platform, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES.
We sometimes provide links from our websites and the Platform to third-party websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website. We are not obligated to review any third-party websites that we link to, we do not control any of the third-party websites, and we are not responsible for any of the third-party websites (or the products, services, or content available through any of them). Thus, we do not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites, any information, software, products, services, or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from a website or the Platform, you do this entirely at your own risk and you must follow the privacy policies and terms and conditions for those third-party websites. Certain areas of our websites may allow you to interact and/or conduct transactions with one or more third-party websites, and, if applicable, allow you to configure your privacy settings in that third-party website account to permit your activities on our website or the Platform to be shared with your contacts in your third-party site account.
Certain areas of our websites and the Service may permit you to submit feedback, information, data, text, software, messages, or other materials . You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions and that any such User Submission is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary. We do not guarantee that you will be able to edit or delete any User Submission you have submitted.
By submitting any User Submission, you are promising us that:
- You own all rights in your User Submission (including, without limitation, all rights to the reproduction and display of your User Submission) or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your User Submission to enable you to grant to us the rights in your User Submission as described in these Terms;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have in your User Submission;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal; and
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By submitting a User Submission, you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, royalty-free license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to:
- Use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display your User Submissions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed;
- Use (and permit others to use) your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercial purposes) that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service);
- Display advertisements in connection with your User Submissions and to use your User Submissions for advertising and promotional purposes.
We may, but are not obligated to, pre-screen User Submissions or monitor any area of our websites and the Platform through which User Submissions may be submitted. We are not required to host, display, or distribute any User Submissions and may remove at any time or refuse any User Submissions for any reason. We are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Further, you agree that we may freely disclose your User Submission to any third party absent any obligation of confidence on the part of the recipient.
We authorize your use of our websites and the Platform only for Permitted Purposes or as otherwise permitted under these Terms. Any other use beyond such purposes is prohibited and, therefore, constitutes unauthorized use of our websites and Platform.
Unauthorized use may result in violation of various United States and international copyright laws. Unless you have written permission from us stating otherwise, you are not authorized to use our websites or the Platform in any of the following ways (the list below is not a complete list of everything that you are not permitted to do):
- For any public or commercial purpose which includes use of our website or any element of the Platform on another site or through a networked computer environment;
- In a manner that modifies, publicly displays, publicly performs, reproduces or distributes any of Materials or the Service;
- In a manner that violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law;
- To stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- To impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- To interfere with or disrupt the Platform or the servers or networks connected to the Platform;
- To use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with the Platform; or
- Attempt to use the Platform in a way that is intended to avoid incurring fees or exceed usage limits;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of our websites and/or the Platform, or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks associated with the Platform, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
You alone are responsible for any violation of these Terms by you or anyone you permit to use your account. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licencors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) that we or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third-party that your Subscriber Application, your use of the any part of the Platform, or the use of any part of the Platform by any person using your account (including without limitation, any of your Submissions) violates any applicable law, regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third-party. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
The Platform and all Materials are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly provided in these terms, we and our licencors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Platform, all Materials, and all intellectual property rights therein, including, but not limited to: (i) the information, features, text, content, files, graphics, art work, icons, audio, sounds, copyrighted text, works of authorship, descriptions, and user and visual interfaces; (ii) the Platform; (iii) the design, appearance, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel, and arrangement of the Platform; and (iv) the domain names, trademarks, service marks, proprietary logos and other distinctive brand features found on, or in, our websites and the Platform. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying our websites, the Platform or any part thereof.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do the same. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing User Submissions that violate intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to this Website (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses this Website in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account of any user who uses the this Website in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights.
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512, we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of this Website, please provide written notice to our Agent for notice of claims of infringement:
To be sure the matter is handled immediately, your written notice must:
- Contain your physical or electronic signature;
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent or the law;
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Contain statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
Unless the notice pertains to copyright or other intellectual property infringement, the Agent will be unable to address the listed concern.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a validly received Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) take-down notice. In response, you may provide our Agent with a written counter-notification that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of our websites or Platform who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
THE PLATFORM AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH OUR WEBSITES AND THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF DATA PROVIDED, AND YOU SHOULD INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY SUCH INFORMATION. DATA PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITES OR THE PLATFORM IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE INVESTMENT ADVICE. NOTHING ON OR RECEIVED THROUGH OUR PLATFORM CONSTITUTES EITHER AN OFFER TO SELL OR AN OFFER TO PURCHASE SECURITIES. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY RESULTS, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW BY COVERAGER, OUR SUPPLIERS AND OUR LICENSORS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES OR THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR FROM US OR OUR SUBSIDIARIES/OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. WE DISCLAIM ALL EQUITABLE INDEMNITIES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND OUR AND OUR SUPPLIERS’ AND LICENSORS’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR INCIDENTAL TO THESE TERMS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER CLAIM SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU AND RECEIVED BY US HEREUNDER DURING THE TWELVE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. THE EXISTENCE OF MULTIPLE CLAIMS OR SUITS UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT ENLARGE OR EXTEND THIS LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION DO NOT WAIVE OR LIMIT OUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF FOR BREACH OF THESE TERMS.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR LOST REVENUE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF SUCH WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
LOCAL LAWS; EXPORT CONTROL.
We control and operate the Platform from our headquarters in the United States of America and the entirety of the Platform may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use our websites or the Platform outside the United States of America, you are solely responsible for following applicable local laws.
Violations of these Terms, as determined by us, may require immediate termination of your access to this Website without prior notice to you. New York state law and applicable U.S. federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Foreign laws do not apply. Except for disputes subject to arbitration as described above, any disputes relating to these Terms or the Platform will be heard in courts located in New York, New York. If any of these Terms are deemed inconsistent with applicable law, then such term(s) shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. By choosing not to enforced any of these Terms, we are not waiving our rights. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us and, therefore, supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and us about this website and the Platform. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
Content rights & responsibilities.
You own the rights to the content you create and post on Coverager. By posting content to Coverager, you give us a nonexclusive license to publish it on the Coverager platform, including anything reasonably related to publishing it (like storing, displaying, reformatting, and distributing it). In consideration for Coverager granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that Coverager may enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your content to promote Coverager, including its products and content. We will never sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission. You’re responsible for the content you post. This means you assume all risks related to it, including someone else’s reliance on its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights. You’re welcome to post content on Coverager that you’ve published elsewhere, as long as you have the rights you need to do so. By posting content to Coverager, you represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement you’ve made. By posting content you didn’t create to Coverager, you are representing that you have the right to do so. For example, you are posting a work that’s in the public domain, used under license, or a fair use. We can remove any content you post for any reason. You can delete any of your posts, or your account, anytime. Processing the deletion may take a little time, but we’ll do it as quickly as possible. We may keep backup copies of your deleted post or account on our servers for up to 14 days after you delete it.
Our content and services
We reserve all rights in Coverager’s look and feel. Some parts of Coverager are licensed under third-party open source licenses. We also make some of our own code available under open source licenses. As for other parts of Coverager, you may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from Coverager unless otherwise permitted by law.
Coverager is only for people 18 years old and over. By using Coverager, you affirm that you are over 18. If we learn someone under 18 is using Coverager, we will terminate their account.
You agree to pay all applicable fees related to your use of our websites and/or the Platform, all of which are described fully on our site or as otherwise communicated by us. All payments will be made in US Dollars. We may suspend or terminate your account and/or access to the Platform and our websites if your payment is late and/or your offered payment method (e.g., credit card) cannot be processed. By providing a payment method, you expressly authorize us and/or our third party payment processor to charge the applicable fees on said payment method as well as taxes and other charges incurred thereto at regular intervals, all of which depend on your particular membership and utilized services.
When you sign up for a subscription to use the Platform (“Subscription”), we will charge your credit card for your first fee on the date that we process the order for your Subscription (or if you sign-up for a Subscription that includes a free-trial period, we will charge your credit or debit card for your first Subscription fee upon your transition to a paid Subscription).
Unless you cancel prior to the expiration of your current Subscription, we will automatically renew your Subscription on each monthly or yearly (depending on the Subscription you have chosen) anniversary of the date that we charged your credit card for the first Subscription fee and, we will charge your credit card with the applicable renewal Subscription fee and any Taxes (as defined below) that may be imposed on such fee payment.
All fees are exclusive of any applicable sales, use, import or export taxes, duties, fees, value-added taxes, tariffs or other amounts attributable to your use of the Platform (collectively, “Taxes”). You are solely responsible for the payment of any such Taxes. In the event we are required to pay Taxes on your behalf, you shall promptly reimburse us for all amounts paid.
The Information We Collect About You
Information We Collect Directly From You
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites
Information We Collect Automatically
How We Use Your Information
How We Share Your Information
Third Party Analytics
Security of My Personal Information
Access To My Personal Information
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
Children Under 13
Changes to this Policy
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically as you use our Site and Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information directly from you when you create an account, sign-up for a demo, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect about you depends on your particular interaction with our Site, and Services, but may include the following: if you register, your name, job title, company, phone number, industry, and email; if you make a purchase, your payment information (e.g., credit card information and billing address); and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site, or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site, or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information, including personal information, that we have collected about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site, or Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, features of our Services, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- You may turn off push notifications at any time by accessing the settings on your device.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to improve our Site, and Services; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty programs.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliates or subsidiaries, which may use your information to market their own products and services to you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Other Third Parties. We may disclose your information to third parties, including business partners and entities that offer products and services that we believe might be of interest to you. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes. If you are a California consumer, please see our Special Notice to California Consumers below.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for our and the third party’s own marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. We do not control how the third parties will use the data.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your use of our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about use of our Services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third Party Analytics
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
User Generated Content
From time to time, we invite guest authors to post content on our blog. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to registered users of our Services. If you post your own content on our blog, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site, and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Special Notice to California Users
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post notice of any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or by emailing registered users at their most recent email on record.