RBC is Targeting Gen Z
RBC is the “first Canadian bank” to offer a customized mobile banking experience for students with the launch of RBC Mobile Student Edition, which is built within the RBC Mobile app.
Available to people under the age of 22, the RBC Mobile Student Edition offers the following features:
- Simplification: Prioritized key features are front and centre for easy navigation, including: quick access to accounts, send money features, insights on spending, setting up reoccurring account transfers and a carousel to scroll through accounts.
- Personalization: The ability to choose nicknames and colors for accounts and upload contact photos allows students to interact with the app in a way that best suits their behavior and, in turn, obtain a clear financial overview.
- Tailored Content: Contextual definitions for financial terms, coupled with money management insights, help make banking easy to understand.
In addition to the new banking feature, RBC created programs, advice, offers and technology specifically designed for Gen Z, which include:
- RBC Future Launch: A program that helps increase access to skill development, networking, work experience, and mental well-being supports & services. Empowering the youth of today for the jobs of tomorrow.
- Student Solutions Website: An online experience for youth at RBC that quickly connects them to the resources, products (Banking) and programs (Future Launch, WE, RBCxMusic) that matter most to them. With its recent redesign, the Student Solutions Website delivers an enhanced mobile-minded browsing experience that caters to the way students expect to see digital content.
- RBCxMusic: Bringing clients more music, more shows and closer to their favourite artists.
- RBC Rewards and RBC Offers: Clients can redeem points for over 50,000 redemption options, as well as load personalized discounts, bonus points and cash back offers from great brands.
- WE: WE Charity: Together, RBC and WE invest in and support youth – through programming and educational curriculum – not only for their own benefit but for the collective benefit of our communities.
- On Campus Branches: Convenient locations that offer specialized banking and beyond banking advice to help students enter and navigate their post-secondary life, such as: budgeting, financial wellness essential skills, resume writing and tips for starting a small business.
“Gen Zers are true digital natives, and it was essential that their input lead the development of the Student Edition. We worked closely with a group of young Canadians throughout the entire process – from the initial research phase through to final testing. With their insights on how they engage with content and interact with money, we were able to deliver a mobile banking experience that’s in line with the apps that they know and love.” – Sean Amato-Gauci, Executive Vice-President, Cards, Payments and Banking, RBC.