Progressive hiring to support continued growth
Progressive Insurance intends to hire up to 6,400 new employees during the remainder of 2021 to support the national insurance organization’s growth.
With 2020 total revenues topping $42 billion, the company continued to gain market share and increase its customer base and it will be adding more employees in claims, customer care, technology, analysis and legal throughout the country.
The largest areas of opportunity for career development lie in Call Center positions with 3,000 remote openings across the country . Additionally, 2,900 jobs in Field and Centralized Claims will be available to help service the expanding customer base. These careers include some hybrid work-from-home and fully remote positions.
Here is a breakdown along with the approximate number of positions expected to be filled in specific business functions across the company:
- The 3,000 Call Center positions across the country include customer service representatives, inbound sales representatives, Spanish bilingual call-center representatives, claims customer service representatives, and sales specialists
- The 2,900 claims positions include claims adjuster trainees, auto damage claims adjusters, bodily injury claims adjusters, property claims adjusters, catastrophe adjusters, medical claims representative trainees, and centralized claims adjusters. Positions include field roles, hybrid work from home/office options, and fully remote roles.
- There will be over 300 jobs available within the technology team. Those positions include developers, data engineers, IT analysts, systems engineers, and more.
- The legal group plans to fill 150 more jobs with our House Counsel team, which includes attorneys and legal support staff.
- Hiring also includes approximately 60 jobs in data and analytics, which includes data scientists, data analysts, BI developers, pricing analysts, product analysts, marketing analysts and more (including leadership opportunities). Additionally, openings in corporate business areas such as HR, Marketing, and Product Management are available.
“Our people and our culture are at the forefront of everything we do, and we are excited to welcome thousands more to our team,” said Chief Human Resource Officer, Lori Niederst. “As we continue to grow our business, our people continue to grow their careers at Progressive. We consistently fill over 80% of our jobs above the entry level by promoting from within. You may come to Progressive for the job, but we’re confident you’ll stay for the career.”