Key findings of annual workforce report by Vertafore
For the past four years, Vertafore has surveyed the independent insurance agency workforce across a range of roles, ages, and levels of experience to provide insight into what employees want and need. My key takeaways of this year’s report – below:
- The majority of survey respondents are women aged 40-55 who have worked in the insurance industry for longer than 10 years; 97% of respondents work for an agency and identify as an account manager
- In response to the COVID-19, the majority of respondents transitioned to at least 50% remote, a third to 100% remote, and 28% remained in the office 100% of the time.
- Over half of respondents indicate they want to work remotely at least half-time
- The favorite part of working in insurance is the (1) “ability to work directly with my community” and (2) “compensation/ financial stability”
- More than 90% report using an agency management system and email
- 3 out of 5 respondents are using a rating solution
- Respondents are looking for solutions that automate repetitive tasks and data entry (e.g. collect digital signatures and payments)
- Less than 17% of respondents use a portal or app to communicate with clients
Get Coverager to your inboxA really good email covering top news.
By Gabriella Ben-Hutta ·