Grange Insurance ranks among Super Regional P/C Insurers
Grange Mutual Casualty Company ranked 42nd out of 151 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurers in a list created by Demotech, Inc., the official research partner of Insurance Journal.
Demotech used specific, qualifying criteria and thresholds evaluated as of Dec. 31, 2018, to identify the nation’s Super Regional P/C Insurers, which write multiple lines of insurance in multiple states.
The criteria and thresholds included:
• Active, individual companies
• Reporting data using the P/C annual statement format
• At least $1 million of direct written premium (DWP) in each of 2-34 states
• Less than 90% of DWP in any one state
• Less than 90% of DWP in any one line of business
• Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million
• Net premium written of at least $50 million
• DWP of at least $25 million
Through its network of independent agents, Grange Mutual Casualty Company offers auto, home, business and life insurance protection in 13 states to more than 900,000 policyholders. It ranked 42nd in Insurance Journal’s list of 2019 Super Regional P/C Insurers based on an annual DWP of $444,048,000.