Goose expands to the US with pet and renters insurance
Canadian broker Goose Insurance announced it is offering pet insurance in the US starting at $20 a month. Coverage details include:
- Up to $40,000 of annual coverage
- Up to $10,000 per incident limit
- $200,000-lifetime coverage
- $500 annual deductible
- Dental, Prescription, and mortality benefits
- Cancer coverage under the Illness Plan
- 3-day waiting period for injury benefits
Pet insurance coverage is underwritten by Markel. The launch coincides with the availability of renters insurance coverage also underwritten by Markel.
Goose was founded in 2017 as a travel insurance agency and is a relatively small team of around 18 people.
Get a feel for its UI below:
Bottom Line: One out (Breezy), one in.