Fast five stats from Google’s APAC Financial Dashboard
Google launched the APAC Financial Dashboard, a tool that captures search trends on topics such as banking, investments, loans and of course insurance, in 10 countries, (1) Australia, (2) Hong Kong, (3) Indonesia, (4) India, (5) Japan, (6) Malaysia, (7) Singapore, (8) Philippines, (9) Thailand and (10) Vietnam. Fast 5 stats below.
(1) There’s higher brand awareness in mature markets. According to Google, mature markets tend to see consumers search for financial products with a brand in mind compared to emerging markets.
(2) The term ‘insurance’ pops up in the top 10 search terms for mobile. Keyword: mobile.
(3) Financial literacy in Singapore is one of the highest in Asia.
(4) 61% of Singaporeans search for travel insurance online; of which, 72% buy online.
(5) The Singapore-based comparison website for insurance and financial products GoBear comes out on top. Go GoBear!