Cigna and Oscar announce strategic partnership
Cigna and Oscar announced an exclusive partnership to jointly provide commercial health solutions to small businesses that will include:
- Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
- Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
- Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to individual members to help them understand their benefits and find care
- Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge, easy ID card access, an overview of copay details and benefits, deductible tracking, lab results and individual health history
- Search tools to help review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities and check prescriptions
- Broker, business and provider portals for seamless enrollment and management
Cigna and Oscar plan to share risk equally under a reinsurance agreement for solutions offered through this strategic partnership. Pending regulatory approvals, the companies will launch in select markets in 2020 and plan to expand the partnership over time.
“Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy and through this partnership, we can take a disciplined approach to offering differentiated health care solutions that help small businesses save money, expand network and product choice and keep employees healthy.” – Julie McCarter, VP of Product Solutions at Cigna.
“Together, we are giving small business owners an affordable, simple-to-use option that makes it easier for their employees to get appropriate care quickly and stay healthy. Cigna + Oscar will give these business owners and their employees consumer-centric health care coverage and physician networks that provide personalized care.” – Joel Klein, Chief Policy and Strategy Officer at Oscar.