Web Application Specialist
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
Essential Job Functions
Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance industry and knowledge on policy processing, premium calculation and coverage presentation, preferred.
- 5 years of experience in solution design/subject matter analysis of insurance applications, preferred.
- 5 years of insurance experience involving mentoring and overseeing solution and development activities, preferred.
- Team Leadership experience.
- Technical knowledge required: Java; JSF; IceFaces; WebSphere environment; Web Service Integration; AIX & Linux environment; Angular; Strong Database knowledge:; DB2/Distributed DB2; SQL and SQL application tuning.
Special Skill Requirement:
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- OBM Rational Suite (RTC) – Source Control, Code Merge, preferred.
- Understanding of Policy processing from UI to Middleware to Database, preferred.
- Agile/Continuous Development methodologies. preferred.
Internal Title: Application SME II
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
How to apply
Please visit the career site to learn more about Farmers and apply!