VP of US Insurance
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating, friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be it!
We are looking for a VP of US Insurance here at INSHUR, pre-pandemic based in New York City and currently remote. You’ll be working on a next gen commercial auto insurance platform expanding in the US, UK and the EU. You will own all things insurance related in the US and manage a current team of 8 product, pricing and claims professionals.
In total we are global team of 80+ people, based in UK, US and The Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- Delivering great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
You’ll be joining a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility working closely with globally recognised partners and driving forward our mission to change the way drivers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive.
What you’ll do
As a senior executive on the leadership team reporting directly to the CEO, you will be working closely with our engineering, product and growth teams to define and execute on our US insurance strategy as we expand in the US. You will also work closely with our European VP of Insurance and the team we have built up across the pond.
We don’t have a checklist of skills – our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you don’t checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role.
We’d love to hear from you if you
- Have a proven track record of managing and growing large commercial auto insurance programs from an underwriting and claims perspective
- Are passionate about how technology and data can make commercial auto insurance better
- Understand how to define and execute on well defined strategy but at the same time pivot when necessary
- Have acquired detailed knowledge of US commercial auto insurance market complexities
- Can call upon, build and manage insurance relationships with carrier partners and vendors
- Are skilled in recruiting and managing high performing teams
- Have identified expansion opportunities and can articulate criteria for investment into those opportunities
- Have a clear understanding of underwriting, claims and actuarial concepts in commercial auto insurance
Your colleagues say you are
- A continual learner – you want to know all there is about the industry, customers, other teams, and marketing best practices
- A leader who can motivate teams
- A succinct and engaging writer, able to translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language
- Analytical and naturally curious
- A born collaborator
We are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech startups in the new insurance landscape. Our products insure drivers who power the global economy – with a current focus on rideshare and delivery. Our ambition is to become a digital D2C commercial auto insurance brand in the US and Europe. We currently operate as an MGA and TPA and have several capacity partners who help us underwrite risks. Over the next three years, we have ambitious plans to roll out new products using our proprietary technology platform built from the ground up across multiple geographic regions and product lines. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well funded, fast paced insurtech business working closely with a great team and global partners.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive. We will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer. Salaries are reviewed on an annual basis and we offer all our employees equity in the business. It goes without saying, we provide everyone with the laptop, monitor and software you need.
We’ve also built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k – Match
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of gender
- Commuter benefits (if applicable)
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work, and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly wellbeing allowance and monthly WFH allowance
- And much more…
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s business strategy, marketing trends and best practices, product development and innovation, data and technology, customer experience, or financial planning and analysis.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is dog, child and wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.