One Company…Many Careers!
Number of Openings:
Palo Alto, CA
A Day in the Life of a Scouting Analyst:
- Identify technology, trends, companies, as well as relevant products & services that could provide opportunities for State Farm.
- Build and maintain key relationships within Labs and across State Farm.
- Produce reports and presentations on research findings and scouting projects intended for a variety of audiences.
- Manage and maintain exporatory and scouting tools and resources.
- Participate in complex work assignments and contributes to deliverables or strategic assignments.
- Collaborate with other analysts on completing their assignments.
- Conducts secondary technology research and analysis including trends identification, examining company structure, financials, key people, business strategy, technology, intellectual property and partnerships.
- Handle multiple priorities and work efforts at one time.
- Complete meeting follow-up and tracking of different start-ups and companies involved in scouting engagements.
- Develop and generate reports, business summaries, and metrics.
- Handle incoming contact management and packaging of information for review.
- Handle NDA confirmation, initiation, and filing with Purchasing
- Coordinate events, demo days, and networking opportunities for internal and external partners.
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Tech background helpful, weighted toward mobile, APIs, AI/ML/chatbots, cyber security, and IoT.
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating.
- Demonstrate significant curiosity in their work.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo when appropriate.
- Strong learning agility.
- Strong associative thinking skills. (i.e., able to “connect the dots” for myriad implications associated with new tech, products, solutions, etc.)
- Able to appropriately represent State Farm with various external stakeholders
What You Can Expect:
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or an interview. This is where the excitement begins!
What’s In It For You:
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!
#LI – MV1
How to apply