Property Claim Adjuster
At Jetty, we’re creating intuitive solutions that make it easy for renters to access homes they love and protect the things they care about the most. With Members and real estate partners nationwide, we have the potential to disrupt a massive, aging industry. As we continue to expand our reach, we’re looking for a creative and experienced Senior Property Claim Adjuster to uphold the promise we make to every Jetty Member.
As a Property Claim Adjuster, based in our Atlanta hub, your mission will be to deliver an enhanced member experience through the prompt and efficient settlement of claims. You will join a team that is passionate about defining differentiated and streamlined processes that helps our Members recover from losses as common as a cracked phone screen, to something as devastating as an apartment fire. It’s a unique opportunity to help support the strategy of one of the country’s leading insurtech companies.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and estimate damages in the desk adjustment of claims
- Coordinate and manage vendor engagement on assigned cases
- Analyze FNOL reports and promptly contact Members
- Efficiently investigate claims, evaluate contract language and identify appropriate coverage where applicable
- Diligently manage file diaries that move claims toward a timely resolution
- Identify and pursue recovery opportunities
- Adhere to all statutory, regulatory and compliance fair claims practices
- Identify and report potentially fraudulent claims
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external partners
- Serve as a technical resource to peers and Member Care associates
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years of property claims adjusting experience
- Valid Adjuster licenses in multiple states (CA is a significant bonus)
- Full understanding of personal lines insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance compliance
- Curiosity and structured thinking; an interest in how things work, and an ability to find creative and insightful solutions to challenges
- Aptitude for uncovering, analyzing and interpreting information
- Strong analytical capabilities and business judgment
- An articulate, polished and intelligent communication style
- Extremely high EQ and empathy; an ability to connect with anyone (but in accordance with your personal style)
- Scrappy self-starter who can roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and tools
Jetty is a new financial services company for everyday renters. We give renters easier and more affordable access to rental homes, while helping property managers drive occupancy, reduce costs, and streamline operations.
Jetty launched to market in 2017 and is headquartered in New York City, with our products available nationwide. Learn more about Jetty: www.jetty.com
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee
How to apply
To apply to Jetty's Property Claim Adjuster role, click here.