Product owner to disrupt B2B trade and credit insurance
AREA42, the trade innovation ecosystem, is looking for a product owner.
At AREA42, we create and manage a risk-savvy innovation ecosystem focused on trade. We support companies who want to recode trade for the digital era.
Together with disruptors, technologists and visionaries, we build a more fertile trade environment. We co-design ambitious visions. We experiment and launch new solutions. We turn innovations into new growth engines.
We are backed by Credendo, the Export Credit Agency from Belgium and the most trusted leader in trade credit insurance and surety bonds.
Our current investment thesis revolves around big untapped opportunities related to:
- Platforms and marketplaces,
- SMEs and freelancers,
- Innovative credit data and machine learning,
- Blockchain and other new trade paradigms.
For us, success can be measured in the upgrades we offer to trade ecosystems. We do not see technology as an objective in itself, but we believe it is key to unlock radical improvements for trade and accompanying risk. We take inspiration from diverse universes. We try to hack things, fail sometimes, learn always, and thrive when we co-innovate with partners who share our passion.
AREA42 is an ecosystem with 3 highly complementary zones: AREA42 innovation community, AREA42 innovation lab, and AREA42 accelerator. Each zone contributes to a successful AREA42 innovation ecosystem.
- Our innovation community aims at growing a high-quality network of trusted partners, open to co-innovation and passionate about upgrading trade; the community creates a fertile ground to elaborate and discuss ambitious ideas and concepts.
- Our innovation lab takes a lean startup approach to experiment with new ideas and incubate them to become validated product concepts with a market fit. The learnings, successes and failures contribute to the feedback-loop and is shared with our innovation community.
- Our accelerator works like a growth factory. We take validated product concepts and turn them into new lines of business. Our accelerator team works with the same powerful means as the best high-growth startups in order to scale the most ambitious ventures in trade.
Our first basecamps are Paris and Brussels, but our playground is Europe and the world.
We are a diverse team with simple beliefs: we value respect, mutual trust, entrepreneurship, collective creativity, technological excellence and solid execution. For us, these values are essential to creating high-impact innovations, which we need to deliver successful long-term growth, which will help spread an innovation culture in trade.
Often, we do not know exactly what we are building. However, we always start with an exciting vision and we iterate as fast as possible to confront it with reality. We have faith in the science of experimentation and in the lean startup approach. We invite and welcome innovators of all kind to contribute and to have an impact. We share together the benefits of our successes.
We are creating AREA42 from scratch and initially launching as a high-impact team of ~10 people.
The product owner is primarily responsible for the management of product features across the different ventures developed within AREA42, by:
- Working with our venture teams to define the features needed, how to match customer feedback, prioritization of the developments, and adjustments to be made after each sprint & iteration.
- Coordinating business needs with development teams to manage each venture’s roadmap.
- Managing a rich list of documented features for each of our investment thesis, and make them understandable and applicable by our different ventures.
- Keeping business groups & customers apprised of status and aggregating their feedback to improve the product.
- Acting as senior advisor for the venture teams, helping them to find the right resources, supporting technical choices, and facilitating operational implementation to accelerate the experiments incubation.
- Documenting learnings and facilitating systematic knowledge sharing.
Profile of the possible candidates:
Atypical profiles often work better for atypical jobs, and it is hard to predict the multiple winning skill combinations of the best candidates for the job. Moreover, we prefer team culture over individual performance. This being said, here are a few qualities we may be looking for:
- Deep interest and relevant experience in product and product lifecycle management.
- Outstanding execution skills even in conditions of extreme uncertainty typically found in disruptive ventures.
- Highest level of professional and intellectual integrity. Trust matters.
- Can handle success and failure, positive feedbacks as well as critiques.
- 80/20, structured self-starter with strong drive.
- Proven expertise of product owner, scrum management & team coordination.
- Fluent in innovation, in corporate-startup collaboration.
- Understanding of B2B trade is a plus, of trade credit insurance is a nice to have.
How to apply
Get in touch on christophe.spoerry (a) area42.tech