Product Head – Professional Liability
At-Bay is a fast-growing cyber and specialty insurance startup based out of Mountain View, CA. We’re an insurance company built by cybersecurity experts, leveraging our security expertise to better understand digital risks and thus create better insurance products and services. We help clients by providing both risk transfer (the insurance policy), guidance on their security issues, and active risk management (helping them stay safe). At-Bay has raised over $50M in funding, backed by Acrew Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Munich Re Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer. We are currently 40 employees, split between Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City, Atlanta, and Tel Aviv, with a plan to double our headcount and increase our span across the US by year-end.
As the Professional Liability Product Head, your mission is to launch and profitably grow multiple E&O product lines. You will lead the development of these products from concept to launch, and make sure that we can profitably write them through our online platform, API and manual underwriting models. Once launched, you will be responsible for owning and managing the product strategy to obtain fast and profitable growth.
- Launch new products: support prioritization of products based on deep technical understanding of the products, underwriting strategy, loss experience and market dynamic. Run point to launch multiple product lines by working with our data, technology, marketing, claims and underwriting teams
- Own product performance: responsible for profitable growth of the product through collaboration with the underwriting team. Be the authority for product knowledge, product performance metrics, underwriting guidelines, and ongoing adjustment of underwriting strategies. Develop detailed underwriting guides and logic. Ensure underwriting rigor and technical compliance to underwriting guidelines
- Evangelize the product internally and externally: build excitement and a clear understanding of the unique proposition of our products internally and with external parties. Use product expertise and personal charisma to build At-Bay’s brand as a product leader in each of the product lines with target brokers by partnering with the underwriting team
- 5+ years of proven experience in managing US professional liability book of business with proven track record of delivering sustainable underwriting profit
- Strong understanding of the commercial insurance market, insurance operations, finance and actuarial concepts, regulatory environment, reinsurance, underwriting and broker management
- Experience in developing and launching new products
- Strong sense of numbers – proficient at analytics to drive underwriting strategy
- Clear, concise communication style – the ability to describe technical topics in simple language to a variety of non-technical audiences
- An ability to thrive in a fast paced tech environment
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary, benefits package
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- You will never lack for challenge, we are a unique blend of a tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company