P&C Insurance Agent
Huckleberry is rebuilding small business insurance from the ground up. In a multi-trillion dollar industry where paper forms and fax machines still predominate, and customers are wasting countless hours navigating byzantine processes, we provide small business owners with the capability to manage all of their insurance needs through a single, elegant interface. Our team is rethinking every aspect of the experience, from pricing, to underwriting to claims.
You will be the primary conduit between our team of technologists and the insurance world – as such, you will be required to wear many hats and provide input across all aspects of the organization.
- Product: We are replacing many functions that were traditionally performed by humans (or outdated computer systems) with elegant software solutions. You will work closely with our engineers and product managers to ensure that we architect the best possible solution to any given problem.
- Operations & Customer Service: While we are at heart a technology company, we’re still committed to having licensed and knowledgeable insurance agents available to walk our customers through their policy. While technology will play an ever increasing role in our customer support infrastructure, initially many tasks will need to be completed manually. The buck stops with you in making sure that all of our clients are completely satisfied and educated on their insurance needs, and that all problems are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Sales & Business Development: You will be tasked with identifying and pursuing new opportunities for us to grow our business, with an emphasis on one-to-many partnerships where we can leverage our technology advantage.
- Minimum two years of professional experience as a licensed property and casualty insurance agent serving small business clients.
- Licensed as a P&C Insurance Agent in the United States (with the ability to obtain a California license).
- In depth knowledge of all major commercial insurance lines.
- Ability to make the transition from the insurance to startup world.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
The right candidate
In particular, you:
- Are driven by more than just commission. At Huckleberry, a client paying the minimum premium can expect the same flawless experience as a customer generating ten times that amount. While you will have aggressive metrics to hit and the potential for financial rewards to match, customer happiness is as important a KPI for us as account size. The right candidate for this position will go above and beyond for any customer, no matter how small.
- Are comfortable in a high-intensity environment. While our hours are generally manageable, sometimes things can get hectic. We’re looking for people that are genuinely excited about the problems that we’re trying to solve and the technology that we’re building – so much so that you can’t help but think about them once the work day is over.
- Are scrappy with an ownership mindset. We don’t believe in anything being “someone else’s job”. While we are building out a support team so that everyone’s time is used productively, you may no longer have a team of sales representatives and could be tasked with some of the more tedious day-to-day client requests.
- Have a can-do attitude. We’re creating a culture with a focus on getting things done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
- Can operate successfully within a mixed engineering and sales culture. Our team is a mix of those aggressively trying to tell the outside world about our product, and those who need intense concentration to build it. Successfully navigating this environment requires respecting others work styles and needs.
- Are comfortable in an office environment. At Huckleberry there will be fewer deals closed on the golf course, and much more time spent in the office figuring out how to programmatically reach as many potential leads as possible.
How to apply
Apply with resume to email@example.com