Change the way small business insurance is placed in the US with Hiscox
Position: Partnerships Manager
Reporting to: SVP, Head of Partnerships
Location: San Francisco
The Team and Role
Hiscox Partnerships is a rapidly growing, profitable segment at Hiscox responsible for developing new and existing producer relationships, utilizing our market disrupting small business insurance products and platform. We work with several areas of the business to deliver superior products and service to our Partners and their agents. We partner with several different types of entities, including other insurance companies, traditional wholesale brokers, association and affinity organizations, and online agencies and aggregators. Partners may leverage our consumer and agent portals, our Quote, Bind and Pay APIs or produce under a delegated authority.
We are a nationally distributed team, so you likely won’t sit next to another PM every day, however we love this job and treat each other like family – supportive, directly honest and fun-loving.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team on the cutting edge of disruption in the insurance industry. The Partnerships Manager is at the tip of the spear working to develop new and maintain existing partner relationships and driving profitability to hit and exceed targets. We are ready – are you?
What you’ll be doing:
- Relationships Management: You will own the partnership relationships and ensure profitable productivity by:
- Developing a deep understanding of the partner’s business
- Maintain relationships with key staff through a very hands-on approach
- Set annual goals and gain their commitment to marketing and other initiatives in order to achieve desired results
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate the on-boarding, training and on-going support of partners
- Coordinate Hiscox participation in partner events and initiatives to drive partner production
- Provide superior service while living the Hiscox Values and keeping the Hiscox Partnership Promise
- Business development: identify and vet new, productive partnership opportunities
- Continuous improvement: Identify and promote process improvements as the business scales
- Competitor knowledge: develop a solid understand of the competitive landscape and identify ways to combat threats
- Other responsibilities as determined by manager and as the business evolves.
Please provide a cover letter and resume which clearly communicates that you are the person to take on this challenge at Hiscox USA. Here are some of the requirements we would ideally like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ recent years of experience as a successful relationship manager and business development producer; ideally within a lean, production-focused, performance-based, metrics-driven team; Must demonstrate continued growth in success and range of responsibility
- Proven ability to identify business development opportunities and the influencing skills to drive those opportunities to successful productive relationships, with a basic understanding of sales and negotiation principles, while demonstrating a competitive drive
- Innate service focus and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – especially the ability to simplify complex ideas and situations while maintaining effectiveness and meaning
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel and perform effectively on the road, with travel expected to be 50% of time.
Nice to have:
- Connections with venture capital, incubator or other start-up funding entities/individuals that would serve as an entry point to identifying potential InsureTech start-up partnerships.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance products and the insurance industry
- At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention and everything we do is guided by our Values.
- Courage: Do the right thing however hard
- Quality: World class where it matters
- Integrity: True to our word
- Excellence in Execution: Consistent, timely, efficient delivery
- Human: Firm, fair and inclusive
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength – all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places.
Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.
About Hiscox USA
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus on the needs underserved and specialty commercial clients via both the regional broker and direct distribution channels and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group. Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 400 employees mostly operating out of 6 major cities – New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.
You can follow Hiscox on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)
How to apply
Please provide a succinct cover letter and concise resume along with your online application here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_hiscox/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=17588&localeCode=en-us