Market Development Executive
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best-in-class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means:
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
A Market Development Executive (MDE) is a key sales role at Beam, responsible for introducing Beam to a brand new territory and establishing as many partnerships as possible with brokerages in that territory. This starts with discovery and pursuit of new prospective brokerages and working with them to help them understand Beam’s differentiators in order to expand their business. A variety of tactics (e.g. phone, email, web conferencing) are deployed in order to develop the relationship and educate brokers in order to work through a high volume of proposals to win new clients. The goal is to both establish a high number of broker partners as well as secure repeat business from some brokers as quickly as possible.
At a high-growth company like Beam, there is an expectation of every role to continually contribute to improving processes and best practices internally, and our data-driven approach requires a high level of organization and accuracy of sales data — both are true for the MDE as well.
We need MDEs who can quickly learn the dental insurance business and can help lead Beam’s growth in a new market, without physically being there. A successful MDE thinks strategically and executes tactically, adapts quickly and does whatever it takes to succeed.
What You Will Bring:
You are self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills. You consistently meet or exceed sales goals, ideally in a high growth environment. You work both independently and as part of a team in order to drive both individual and team sales success. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment.
What You Will Do:
- Achieve sales and profitability goals in line with the overall company strategy and growth plan
- Execute Beam’s repeatable process in order to quickly develop a new market; This involves heavy activity including emails, phone calls, web demos, etc.
- Establish and expand productive and professional relationships with independent and regional brokerage partners in your territory then quickly translate those into new Beam clients
- Potentially work long and unconventional hours to get deals done, especially as you may work across time zones
- Maintain accurate sales data to inform future sales process improvements and create efficiency across the team and new markets
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure your broker partners are informed
- Know your numbers – continually drive toward activity and sales targets in order to ensure you’re on track to meet goals; dig into the data with sales leadership to ensure your territory is and your broker partners are quickly trending toward success
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 3+ years B2B Sales experience in a high-volume capacity; channel sales (e.g. through brokers) a major plus
- Ability to quickly learn new industries (e.g. dental insurance) and adapt to new sales processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach or other CRM / sales tools
- Medical sales, benefits, HR, or brokerage experience not required, though a major plus
- Ability to secure your Life & Health license within 90 days of start date
Training and Development:
- Beam offers a comprehensive initial one-month training with ongoing support in the role
- Learn industry-specific communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge on Beam’s internal administration tools, and the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Become an expert in the world of dental benefits and Beam’s technological advancements!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.