Insurance Product Manager
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating, friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be it!
We are looking for an Insurance Product Manager here at INSHUR. Based in our Manhattan office, you’ll be working on a platform which covers all territories including the UK, New York and new US and EU territories as we expand.
At INSHUR, our mission is that we want to change the way drivers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. You’ll be joining a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility, working closely with globally recognised partners. Reporting directly to the VP Insurance, you’ll be joining a friendly team who believes in making insurance something our customers feel good about. We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive and have fun doing so and by joining us, you’d be joining a global team of 60+ people, based in both Brighton (UK) and NYC, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Autonomy to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- Delivering great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
What you’ll do
As our Insurance Product Manager you will be responsible for underwriting, pricing, and monitoring commercial mobility lines while achieving profitability targets. You will develop portfolio monitoring protocols, including results monitoring and audits and assist in the development of new or potential business clients and conduct initial vetting of opportunities. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining defined underwriting strategies, for assigned production sources/accounts/lines of business, to improve risk selections and pricing.
We don’t have a checklist of skills – our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think for this role, a bachelor’s degree in business discipline would be helpful and professional qualifications and insurance designations are also an advantage. We also think the below would make you successful in this role.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- have plenty of experience in/with product and underwriting in primary insurance in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry (we think this would be 5+ years)
- have some experience in product and underwriting in commercial lines, with experience in Commercial Auto and multiple lines of business as a plus.
- understand US insurance regulatory landscape well and are very familiar with insurance market structures, market cycles and insurance operations, including compliance and regulatory issues.
- understand the underwriting guidelines and actuarial/pricing guideline well and have an in-depth knowledge of all tools and models used in the underwriting process and have previously helped actuarial to develop rating plans and pricing tools
- know how to develop underwriting guidelines and pricing guidelines whether or not there are reference guides to evaluate the exposures, historical data to evaluate loss potential or established rating bases for pricing.
- have in the past developed manuscript policy/contract language, creating necessary rate, form and rule filings in the last and are comfortable consulting with legal and claims teams to determine intent of coverage language.
- have a good knowledge of data gathering and manipulation techniques; a strong command of Excel, MS Office and computer systems: and excellent analytical abilities including mathematics and statistical concepts.
Your colleagues say you:
- have a great ability to think outside the box, assess risk and exposures, and be comfortable making underwriting decisions using non-traditional methods and tools.
- have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills,
- have outstanding negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- have an ability to manipulate data for ad hoc reporting and rate making.
- thrive when independently managing interactions with various departments, be it claims, financial, actuarial, operations, legal disciplines, and external parties.
We are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape.
Our product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. We have offices in NYC and Brighton (UK), and plans to expand to new territories in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business at the forefront of urban mobility, working closely with globally recognised partners, in a well-funded business.
What we offer
We pay a competitive salary which we’ll review on an annual basis and we offer all our employees stock options. We’ve also built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic Life and long-term disability insurance
- 401k – Match
- Monthly wellbeing allowance
- Annual training allowance
- Weekly team lunches / snacks / fruit on tap
- Laptop, monitor and top of the range kit
- Commuter benefits
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required.