Innovation Associate – Core Innovation
Are you passionate about working with team members to enable new disruptive business models and integrations in an adaptive agile manner? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
While we’ve been named a ‘best place to work,’ our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
The Strategy & Innovation team functions with the mission to ‘innovate our future’ by building new products, services, and ventures that deliver exceptional value to current and future AAA members. We are aiming high with an audacious goal to generate $1B in new revenue in the next decade. Toward this end, we are developing a growth portfolio through a combination of new business incubation, commercial piloting, venture investing, strategic partnerships, and business development. The result will be new sources of value and relevance to AAA members and club partners, an expansion and diversification of our business, an associated expansion of our member base, and an advantage in the markets we serve.
As an innovation associate, you will work collaboratively with colleagues across the enterprise to identify and drive ideas to innovate the company’s core business, including identifying potential new products as well as new ways to service customers. You will help support, design and build innovation programs, new products, and new businesses. This includes managing a portfolio of proofs-of-concept and pilots to deliver insights into key areas of strategic interest.
A Typical day includes:
- Supporting a pipeline for new concepts including robust validation experiments, competitive analysis, financial analytics and portfolio management tracking
- Executing and managing proof-of-concept (POCs) and pilots in a lean manner
- Actively researching current and emerging markets and explore key trends and opportunities in collaboration with strategy and corporate venture capital team to holistically understand the competitive landscape
- Interfacing cross-functionally with internal and external teams to drive projects from ‘problem’ to ‘pilot’ to ‘partnership’
- Cultivating collaborative relationships with business unit leaders across the enterprise including product management, claims, service, and core insurance innovation.
- Conducting ongoing communication with senior management, partners, and business leaders across internal and partner innovation spectrum regarding project status and progress
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Balance strategic thinking, project management and tech-savviness
- Work at a place that allows you to take ownership over concurrent projects and processes
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 3 years running
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- BA/BS; demonstrated academic and/or professional achievement
- Understanding of the business of insurance – with a preference for personal lines product management experience. Understanding of insurance servicing and claims processing a strong plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience in business development, innovation and technology, product/project management, or related field – strong business insight required. Knowledge of startup and InsurTech ecosystem a plus.
- Excellent critical problem solving and logical strategic aptitude in the face of uncracked challenges, including experience performing market exploration and assessments, particularly in emerging areas
- Ability to interpret data and synthesize creative conclusions/recommendations and strategic narratives
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Advanced Excel and Powerpoint required
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial orientation, with ability to push quickly from conceptualization to realization, synthesizing research insights into strategic narratives
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let’s work together
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
To access application, please click on link below or copy and paste URL to your browser. https://aaaie.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CSAACareers/job/Walnut-Creek-California/Innovation-Associate---Core-Innovation_R3011