Health Insurance Sales Executive
Small group health insurance is broken. Costs are rising out of control and employers struggle to afford quality benefits plans for employees. Sana is here to fix that. We have built a new kind of health plan from scratch that lets employers offer rich benefits while paying less. Sana uses proprietary technology tools to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial sales executive with several years’ experience in employee benefits who wants to help build an operation from the ground up. You will focus on cultivating relationships with the broker community and onboarding early customers onto our platform. You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and account management to ensure the continual improvement of our organization and product.
What you will do:
- Cultivate relationships with benefits brokers and set up a partner program so those brokers can be effective advocates of our solution.
- Build a sales pipeline of customers and help new clients through the onboarding process
- Manage to metrics. You will set performance benchmarks with the CEO and manage against those KPIs.
- Provide feedback to the product team on how the product should develop to better meet partner & customer needs
- At least 3 years’ experience as a licensed health insurance agent. More experience the better. Experience with self-insurance preferred.
- Based either in Texas or in San Francisco. Willing to travel 20% of time.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
Sana believes that smaller companies deserve great, affordable health plans. We are building a modern health plan solution from the ground up and looking for early members of the founding team to join us on that journey. We are building all of our software in house. If you are exciting about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out to us.