Head of Insurance
Hiring for Head of Insurance
SAGE is a modern, tech-enabled P&C insurance brokerage empowering agents through technology and operational support. By leveraging technology across the brokerage value chain, SAGE provides better economics, experience and support to its agent partners.
- Carrier Partnerships – Establish and own relationships with carrier partners; collaborate with carriers to expand features, lines of business and geographic coverage
- Identify insurance carriers for underwriting partnership. Helping align our product strategy and roadmap with carrier capabilities
- Lead the integration of insurance operations with the carriers
- Product Development – Develop a go-to-market plan for new insurance products and their releases.
- Guide product strategy and roadmap informed by industry knowledge, regulatory hurdles and operational feasibility
- Create new insurance products from scratch: (i) policy contracts, (ii) rate plans, actuarial factors and rating methods, (iii) state rate fillings, (iv) expense ratio analysis, and (v) underwriting rules
- Product improvement
- Design and setup scalable operations for internal MGA
- Develop business requirement for MGA capabilities
- Monitor underwriting model and policy performance
- Ensure continuous profitability, growth, operational efficiencies and high-quality customer experiences.
- Significant experience in a senior (e.g. VP Insurance, CUO) position at an insurtech or a P&C insurer / MGA / broker
- Demonstrable track record of building admitted products and a strong command of the insurance product development and regulatory approval process
- Strategic, tactical, and hands-on experience in building – P&C agency and MGA workflows
- Action-oriented with an own-the-outcome mindset, applied at scale and through working with others
- Self-directed, manage others, strong judgement backed by strong analytical skills
Compensation: Salary + ESOPs. If you are a great fit, let’s figure out a great offer for you
Location: New York City / Atlanta / Remote
Reach out and apply at – email@example.com
How to apply