Head of Insurance
Sigo is a mobile-first auto insurance provider focused on under-served and uninsured populations. Low-income and immigrant customers are grouped into the same catch-all category, “non-standard” risk, as drunk drivers and those with several infractions. Many of these customers are priced out of the traditional market or charged hundreds of dollars in extra fees by brick and mortar insurance agencies, which makes for a terrible experience. Sigo is creating a new insurance product that provides fair pricing free of hidden fees with a direct to consumer approach that is tech-enabled, bilingual, and easy to use.
As Sigo’s Head of Insurance, you will lead Sigo’s transition to a managing general agent (MGA) and the creation of new insurance products that improve customer experience. You will own Sigo’s core insurance functions, including underwriting, insurance product strategy, pricing, reinsurance, claims, and risk management.
Sigo is a young company with a tremendous opportunity in front of it. The Head of Insurance will build a category-defining insurance offering from scratch. The ideal candidate combines deep insurance expertise with a frustration with the status quo and a willingness to shake things up. This role reports directly to the CEO.
- Guide Sigo’s launch of a managing general agent (MGA)
- Create and launch Sigo’s NSA insurance products
- Manage profitability through risk assessment
- Develop and implement insurance strategy, including geographic expansion, regulatory hurdles, and insurer/reinsurer relationship
- Drive continuous innovation in insurance products, including underwriting, pricing, and coverage, based on your analysis
- Guide and collaborate on claims process and experience
- Select, hire, and work with any outside consultants necessary
- Build an insurance team as Sigo grows
- 5+ years of progressively increasing roles in auto insurance
- 2+ years direct experience in NSA product creation and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams
- Lead and thrive in non-hierarchical settings
- Self-starting hustler, able to get things done in an unstructured startup environment
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Preference for candidates willing to relocate to the New York City area; remote work arrangements can be negotiated
- As a core member of an early startup, you will have an essential role in building the company and shaping our overall strategy and path
- Huge responsibility and autonomy at growing company
- Economic upside through generous equity package
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply
Apply on Angellist.