Growth hacker to disrupt B2B trade and credit insurance
AREA42, the trade innovation ecosystem, is looking for a growth hacker.
At AREA42, we create and manage a risk-savvy innovation ecosystem focused on trade. We support companies who want to recode trade for the digital era.
Together with disruptors, technologists and visionaries, we build a more fertile trade environment. We co-design ambitious visions. We experiment and launch new solutions. We turn innovations into new growth engines.
We are backed by Credendo, the Export Credit Agency from Belgium and the most trusted leader in trade credit insurance and surety bonds.
Our current investment thesis revolves around big untapped opportunities related to:
- Platforms and marketplaces,
- SMEs and freelancers,
- Innovative credit data and machine learning,
- Blockchain and other new trade paradigms.
For us, success can be measured in the upgrades we offer to trade ecosystems. We do not see technology as an objective in itself, but we believe it is key to unlock radical improvements for trade and accompanying risk. We take inspiration from diverse universes. We try to hack things, fail sometimes, learn always, and thrive when we co-innovate with partners who share our passion.
AREA42 is an ecosystem with 3 highly complementary zones: AREA42 innovation community, AREA42 innovation lab, and AREA42 accelerator. Each zone contributes to a successful AREA42 innovation ecosystem.
- Our innovation community aims at growing a high-quality network of trusted partners, open to co-innovation and passionate about upgrading trade; the community creates a fertile ground to elaborate and discuss ambitious ideas and concepts.
- Our innovation lab takes a lean startup approach to experiment with new ideas and incubate them to become validated product concepts with a market fit. The learnings, successes and failures contribute to the feedback-loop and is shared with our innovation community.
- Our accelerator works like a growth factory. We take validated product concepts and turn them into new lines of business. Our accelerator team works with the same powerful means as the best high-growth startups in order to scale the most ambitious ventures in trade.
Our first basecamps are Paris and Brussels, but our playground is Europe and the world.
We are a diverse team with simple beliefs: we value respect, mutual trust, entrepreneurship, collective creativity, technological excellence and solid execution. For us, these values are essential to creating high-impact innovations, which we need to deliver successful long-term growth, which will help spread an innovation culture in trade.
Often, we do not know exactly what we are building. However, we always start with an exciting vision and we iterate as fast as possible to confront it with reality. We have faith in the science of experimentation and in the lean startup approach. We invite and welcome innovators of all kind to contribute and to have an impact. We share together the benefits of our successes.
We are creating AREA42 from scratch and initially launching as a high-impact team of ~10 people.
The growth hacker is primarily responsible for supporting the different ventures incubated and accelerated by AREA42, by:
- Creating traction and demand for AREA42 innovations
- Developing the tools to efficiently transform traffic into leads and to generate actionable customer feedback
- Nurturing a network of interested partners, potential customers and high-potential targets to fast-track the build-measure-learn cycle of development of disruptive solutions
- Coaching AREA42’s product owners, entrepreneurs in residence and venture partners to help them accelerate their growth and maximize their experiments efficiency
- Collaborate with AREA42’s communication team to augment the reach of our innovation environment and nurture a fertile ecosystem
Profile of the possible candidates:
Atypical profiles often work better for atypical jobs, and it is hard to predict the multiple winning skill combinations of the best candidates for the job. Moreover, we prefer team culture over individual performance. This being said, here are a few qualities we may be looking for:
- Proven track record in growth hacking, marketing development or business development
- Creative, flexible, positive, constructive
- Highest level of professional and intellectual integrity. Trust matters.
- Can handle success and failure, positive feedbacks as well as critiques.
- 80/20, structured self-starter with strong drive.
- Understanding of B2B trade is a plus, of trade credit insurance is a nice to have.
How to apply
Get in touch on christophe.spoerry (a) area42.tech