Group Insurance Lead
Medical bills suck….so we did something about it. The Spot Team is passionate about changing the industry and how insurance is distributed, gone are the days of Go-Fund-Me’s or going into debt after an injury.
Spot is the first-of-its-kind injury insurance that pushes our customers to get out and live more, whether they’re running their daily errands or on a once in a lifetime adventure with the family. Perfect for people who have active lifestyles, lousy health insurance or no health insurance at all, we earnestly believe breaking a bone shouldn’t break the bank.
Our team is set to double this year and we have no plans to slow down. This means you’ll have lots of opportunities to take on new challenges and wear many hats. We care about your success and helping you grow to achieve your goals inside and outside of Spot.
We believe in the importance of culture and community and that teams thrive when working in alignment.
Key Values for This Role
- Analytical and process oriented
- Attention to detail
- Strategic thinker
- Creative thinker
Why This Role Is Important to Us
This position is integral to the success of our Insurance Innovation team. Reporting to the VP of Insurance Innovation, this individual will be actively involved in enhancing our existing group insurance product and developing new group insurance products, specifically within the ticket and travel category.
- Become the subject matter expert for our ticket and travel insurance product line, overseeing the coverage, pricing, underwriting and compliance requirements
- Conduct industry research, competitive benchmarking, and partner interviews and use such research and knowledge to solve for our customer’s biggest insurance needs
- Own profitability of our Group Ticket and Travel product line by evaluating product performance. Identify improvement opportunities in areas including market expansion, experience simplification, pricing, and underwriting to increase profitability and manage risks.
- Collaborate and work with internal teams: sales, pricing, underwriting, claims, operations and platform to execute on opportunities.
- Be the ambassador of the line of business to internal stakeholders as well as external partners.
Who You Are
- Customer obsessed, passionate about making better insurance products that solve real market needs
- 3-5 years of ticket / travel refund insurance (broader P&C okay), consulting, investment banking and/or fintech/insurtech experience. Baseline understanding of the insurance value chain.
- Proven experience in using qualitative and quantitative data to support strong decision making skills
- Creative minded with a willingness to think outside of the box
- Undaunted by complexity and able to parse difficult issues into digestible components
- Effective communicator who can easily explain complex analysis and solutions with clarity and simplicity
- Self starter but someone who enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- Strategic minded but always looking to execute
A Typical Day Looks Like
- Talking with customers and reading to stay up to date on trends and opportunities
- Collaborating with leadership to provide inputs into strategic direction
- Doing whatever it takes to move projects forward
- Analysis of internal and external data trends to inform future product decisions
Things You Might Brag About
- You’ve developed novel new products for an insurtech
- You love identifying opportunities for new and innovative solutions
- You’re extremely organized and know how to get things done
How to apply
To apply for the role of Group Insurance Lead or any other role at Spot Insurance, please apply directly at Careers at Get Spot.