General Manager, Agency Distribution
Thimble’s mission is to make insurance simple, to help businesses succeed on their own terms. To do this, we’ve built a new insurance stack – from the ground up – designed to tackle the uncertainty of starting, running, and growing a modern business.
How does it work? Answer three simple questions and we instantly deliver a certificate of liability insurance straight to your phone. Available as a monthly subscription or tailored to a single job, Thimble is designed to fit your business and seamlessly grow with your ambitions. You won’t need to call us because you’re always in control: scale up, modify, and even pause or cancel your policy with a single tap.
Thimble is one of the fastest-growing small business insurance services in America. We’ve sold over 125,000 policies representing over $150B in coverage since launching in 2016. Over 1,000 customers have rated our apps with an average of 4.8-stars. Money.com honored Thimble as the Best Business Insurance for 2020.
Founded by three-time entrepreneurs Jay Bregman and Eugene Hertz, Thimble is a remote-first company based in New York City. We’ve raised $30 million in funding from IAC (NASDAQ: IAC), Slow Ventures, and other top firms. For more information, visit thimble.com or search “Thimble” on the App Stores.
Thimble is seeking a General Manager, Agency Distribution to develop, execute, and own a strategy to get to radical scale ($100M+ annual premium) with the independent agent channel. This highly versatile, well-connected individual will be the mastermind of the Thimble Broker experience and manage the P&L for the Thimble Broker Program. The candidate should have extensive experience sourcing and signing relationships with the largest brokerages and wholesale partners in the country. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable with insurance and underwriting guidelines in small commercial insurance as s/he will work closely with Thimble’s Insurance product development team to launch new insurance products with clear value propositions and compelling incentive structures for accelerated distribution through the agency channel.
The GM, Agency Distribution will be a key member of the Business Development team, and will report to the SVP, Business Development who reports directly to the CEO. The Business Development team at Thimble is responsible for driving new customer acquisition through partnership channels, including independent agents, commercial rating platforms, insurance carriers, and affinity partners.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end Thimble Broker experience and manage the P&L for the Thimble Broker Program.
- Inform the Commercial Insurance product roadmap based on a clear understanding of what brokers need from Thimble to make their SMB books more profitable.
- Source, sign and launch partnerships with wholesale broker partners, commercial rating platforms, and insurance carriers.
- Collaborate with Marketing to craft effective and regular communications to brokers to encourage repeat submissions and consistent renewals.
- Represent Thimble in regular demos & webinars to educate Brokers on Thimble’s appetite and the online referral experience.
- Assist with existing partnerships with incumbent insurance carriers and affinity partners who promote Thimble to their audience.
- Define the future vision and strategy for distribution partnerships at Thimble.
Projects You’ll Be Working On
- Building forecasts for new customer acquisition through brokers and determining the necessary budget to meet acquisition goals.
- Activating our broker network through account management operations like outbound calls to brokers and engagement methods (e.g. contests).
- Developing effective marketing collateral and broker sales resources.
- 10+ years of sales/distribution experience within the P&C insurance industry.
- Strong relationships within the insurance industry, including senior individuals at insurance intermediaries and regional/national agencies.
- Presentation skills and comfort with speaking in front of large audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly-organized with ruthless attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- P&C License or CPCU designation a plus.
- Sales Operations
- Business Development
- Structured Thinking
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
What you’ll do in 30 days:
- Leverage your network to set up distribution partnership conversations.
- Be able to give end-to-end demonstrations of the Thimble Broker Experience to current and prospective agent partners.
- Understand the current Thimble Broker Program and provide a gap analysis of areas for improvement with actionable feedback for the Thimble Product team.
What you’ll do in 60 days:
- Design independent agent-specific go-to-market plans for Thimble’s planned insurance product launches.
- Make a recommendation for engaging brokers via enhanced marketing activities like direct mail, e-mail marketing, account management, and compelling incentive structures.
What you’ll do in 90 days:
- Own the entire Broker Program, including the user experience and new customer acquisition forecasts and expenditures required to meet goals.
- Negotiate and sign partnerships with leading national brokerages and/or insurance intermediaries that serve independent agents.
Benefits and Company Culture
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage.
- 20 days paid vacation plus company-wide holidays.
- Ability to work remotely bar 1-2 days per month onsite meetings in New York City.
- Company computer hardware of your choice and a generous contribution to your remote office.
- Virtual trivia and field trips.
- Competitive pay.
- Generous stock options.
How to apply
Click here to apply for this position. No recruiters.