EVP of Underwriting
We’re a venture backed Insurtech MGU that focuses on commercial casualty insurance for high-hazard companies. We’re one of the first technology-based workers compensation programs designed to improve safety with our proprietary risk-management technology, supplying unrivaled value and we’re excited to be launching our first program nationally in March 2020.
We are seeking an Executive Vice President of Underwriting to join our Executive Team and take a leading role in launching and scaling our first program nationally in 2020.
Directly reporting to the Co-Founder/CEO and our Chief Insurance Officer, the role requires a driven, high-performing professional who is excited to be part of a fast-growing Insurtech with huge upside potential. You will be taking ownership for all aspects related to program implementation, growth and performance.
We are targeting substantial growth over the next 12 months with a look to becoming the leading insurtech in the commercial casualty high-hazard space. As such we are seeking candidates who have a background in both program marketing and underwriting with a track record of developing, launching and scaling new commercial insurance programs. This position has a clear career track to Chief Operating Officer, Foresight.
What you will do
- Drive program growth through marketing initiatives and establishing relationships with brokers and agents.
- Guide insurance program marketing and underwriting strategy and roadmap with a deep knowledge of commercial P&C insurance industry, operational challenges and regulatory hurdles.
- Recruit a dynamic team in order to achieve and maintain targets for growth and program loss-performance.
- Implement, manage and maintain underwriting systems working closely with vendor partners to ensure systems meet company needs and requirements.
- Develop and implement underwriting policies, practices, procedures, standards and guidelines to achieve profitable results and acceptable loss ratios.
- Ensure the achievement of continued profitability, growth and operational efficiencies of the business through assessment of risk tolerance, market appetite, and emerging risk/underwriting issues.
- Commit to having, and exhibiting, a combination of data driven and judgment driven decision making that results in sustainable revenue growth and profitable business.
- Implement and maintain an audit program that ensures regulatory compliance and report on results monthly.
- 10+ years experience in Casualty (WC and GL) lines in a combination of both underwriting and marketing roles.
- Prior track record with commercial program business from conception through to launch and scale.
- Creative underwriting approach that is capable of deriving out-of-the-box solutions.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage and motivate others.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments backed by strong analytical skills.
- Ability to attract and retain insurance talent.
- Understanding of the insurance landscape from brokers to the reinsurance market.
- Exceptional research skills with the ability to analyze and break down complex problems, find solutions, and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of interest and working knowledge of technology and the insurtech landscape.
- Available to travel for work as required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Who are you?
- Goal orientated, self-starter with the ability to ‘take it and run with it’ with minimal oversight
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies in the workplace
- Located or willing to relocate to San Francisco or San Diego
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + Bonus + Equity commensurate with experience
- Medical/Vision/Dental benefits with employer contribution
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- Relocation assistance if required
How to apply
Suitable candidates please send your resume and supporting cover letter to: HR@getforesight.com