Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today. Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest’s value commitments include: providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
About the Role:
If you are interested in driving innovation and strategic partnerships with leading venture capital backed startups then this is a great opportunity for you.
Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. is looking for an Engagement Advisor to join our eIQ Innovation Team in the New York office. This role will support the company’s mission of implementing technology and data driven initiatives accomplished by driving external partnerships with innovative InsurTech companies that solve key business problems.
In this role, you will research leading InsurTech startups and help support the implementation of a portfolio of innovation projects.
The key areas of engagement for this position are:
• InsurTech Partner Research: Conduct research among the 2,000+ universe of InsurTech companies to identify those with use cases most relevant to our business needs. Stay current on industry trends in AI, machine learning, drones and big data among others to help shape our strategy for selecting those partners with the greatest potential impact to our business.
• Partner Due Diligence: Perform due diligence process for exploring InsurTech partners by being an active participant in calls and meetings with companies’ management teams. Set up and participate in introductory calls with potential partners.
• Proof of Concepts: Gather, prepare and analyze internal data and external InsurTech partner data to support proof of concept tests with InsurTech partners. Work with internal resources and InsurTech partners to ensure that the correct data is provided. Apply quantitative skills in evaluating proof of concept results in a collaborative way with functional and business unit stakeholders.
• Cross Functional Implementation: Lead the process of integrating technologies into business units’ workflows. Work closely with a cross functional team of business unit leaders, underwriters, operations and IT to help drive implementations.
• Scalability and Ongoing Management: Serve as a resource to these units to support them with training and informal assistance to ensure smooth transitions to these technologies. Support the maintenance of the ongoing partnerships and help scale the technologies throughout the business units to maximize impact.
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from a top-tier university; quantitative coursework preferred, but will consider candidates from liberal arts and other backgrounds
• A minimum of 0-2 years of work experience in a challenging project management or date driven analytical role, including but not limited to technology or insurance companies, finance or management consulting
• Strong data analytics and Excel skills to analyze data sets
• Design thinking mind set to quickly build and test new concepts quickly in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment
• Solutions –oriented and problem solving skills critical
• Strong communication skills both oral and written to both articulate the value proposition offered by new technologies to the business units and help InsurTech partners understand our business needs
• Intellectual curiosity to explore startups, innovative business models, new technologies and how these can be translated into actionable solutions to business problems
• Strategic, collaborative, growth oriented
• Well-organized with relentless attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and part of a team environment
• High sense of urgency
• Action-oriented and strong work ethic
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All considered applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with unexpired, acceptable employment eligibility verification documentation.