Director of New Insurance Products
At Tint, we believe any company should be able to protect its customers from the inherent risks of using its product or service. We empower tech platforms to increase conversions and generate new revenue streams by embedding protection. We help companies such as Deel, Outdoorsy, Guesty, Neighbor, CitizenShipper, and Riders Share, among others, unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with protection products.
Tint provides expert services and innovative technology to build, launch, and manage protection programs leveraging our simple API and no-code app. To date, we’ve helped millions of users get peace of mind.
We’ve raised $30M and are backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, QED, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
About the Role
We are seeking an accomplished insurance leader who will be responsible for driving development of new client solutions / products in partnership with Tint’s product organization.
The selected individual will be responsible for driving development of new solutions identified via Tint’s Vertical and solution creation process. While overseeing the process of new offering development and delivery this role will collaborate with other operational and risk financing, underwriting , sales, marketing and client success, etc. to ensure target outcomes and continuous improvement. You will also be responsible for building upon Tint’s component based architecture to deliver new protection offerings and refine / enhance existing strategies and processes..
You should apply if you have…
- 10+ years experience in developing and selling consumer facing protection/insurance solutions / products via digital platform(s) Web/Mobile
- Ability to work independently in a distributed team setting
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation, aka you’re a fast learner
- Able to “roll up your sleeves” to do what is needed in urgent situations while maintaining a “big-picture” view. You are excited about the idea of working with a small team to get the job done, even if you sometimes need to do things that are outside of your direct job description
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven success in a managerial role within a digital insurance sales organization
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Previous P&L ownership experience
What you will do
- Lead efforts to identify, assess and develop new protection offerings that delight our client and their customers
- Partner cross functionally to ensure development of reusable and extensible processes, procedures and to build, delivery and sustain new protection offerings
- Develop strategic plans to optimize productivity and sales for prioritized solutions
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes,, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Develop and promote company standards for excellence and quality
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assign performance goals and ensure their completion, and accomplish your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve objectives for sales, profitability, and market share
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished effectively
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the best-qualified employees and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Resolve internal conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of all involved
What We Value Most in a Candidate:
- Culture is Key. Our team is remote first. We are a diverse, global team that works well together, even when we aren’t in person. We are looking for self-motivated candidates who can stay motivated and focused. But don’t worry, we’re still social! We work collaboratively even though we are remote and travel to team and company retreats throughout the year.
- Focused on Results. We are a fast-moving small team with big goals. We need team players that feel a sense of urgency to drive meaningful results for the business. We have clear company goals and a pathway to significant growth – and this role is integral to that journey.
- Customer-first. Put yourself in the shoes of someone trying to buy our solution. We need a person who can empathize with our customers and help create strategies to continually improve the customer experience.
- Adaptability. We’re still an early-stage start-up, and things change quickly. If you are energized by learning and discovering on-the-go, this will be an excellent fit for you. We are looking for open-minded candidates that adapt well to changing environments as our company grows and scales.
- 100% remote, distributed, and inclusive team (EU and US time zones) 🗿
- 100% covered by Tint Health Benefits🏥
- 401k plan (US only) 🛡️
- Competitive salary 💰
- Generous equity grant 📈
- Co-working stipend 🗄
- Equipment package 💻
- Company-sponsored team retreats in exotic destinations
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up daily as their authentic selves.
Tint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tint considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, local, and international law. In our job application procedures, Tint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please let your recruiter know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.
How to apply