Director of Insurance
We distribute insurance products to the largest e-commerce sites globally via a B2B platform. Our first product to market, RentalCover.com, has been an outstanding B2B and B2C success within the travel vertical. Following this success, we released XCover, a multi-line distribution platform for eCommerce partners.
Cover Genius are seeking a dynamic and innovative insurance expert to develop and manage the company’s insurance strategy and operations in the Americas. The role will report to the Executive Vice President of the Americas and work closely with the Head of Insurance (UK) to design and execute an insurance supply model that is flexible, scalable and globally consistent.
You will be working with leading ecommerce companies to design new and innovative insurance solutions to be deployed via their platforms. This will include; product design, sourcing underwriting capacity and managing ongoing relationships with key personnel at partner organisations. This is an opportunity to be a foundational member of the US team and to play a pivotal role in building and leading the organisation in its early stages.
Given Cover Genius’ global recognition, excellent track record and hockey stick growth, this role presents significant opportunities for the right candidate. We are looking for self-starters that are passionate about new technology and innovation. People that have a “can do” attitude and who work well within startup environments where needs and roles can change quickly. Needless to say, we are not your average insurance company!
- University degree in a related field
- 8+ years experience in the insurance industry
- Insurance product development experience in the US market is a must
- Knowledge of the US regulatory landscape including product and rate filing processes, and the requirements for distributing insurance products
- Currently holds an Insurance Producer license, or is willing to attain necessary licenses
- Demonstrable track record for working with partners/stakeholders to develop new insurance products that have successfully launched in-market
- Deep and strategic understanding of insurance underwriting and pricing principles
- Experience managing/establishing claims and customer service operations across multiple insurance product lines
- Ability to think strategically to design solutions and then translate those solutions into actionable programs of work
- Strong network amongst US insurance carriers and broader industry
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. sales, business development, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- Previous exposure to startup or tech focussed business models
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
- Collaborative and curious mindset, open to exploring new ways of doing things
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Right to work and remain the United States
Nice to have
- Experience structuring and negotiating reinsurance programs
- Previous experience in a startup work environment.
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field
- Our team thrives on the challenges that the hockey stick style of growth brings. We’ve enjoyed wide recognition within the startup and insurance industries, including Smart Company who recognised Cover Genius as the Fastest Growing Company in Australia in 2017.
- Our Vision is to enable the all world’s global eCommerce businesses distribute insurance to their global customers.
- Salary Negotiable
- A generous Employee Options Package applies for permanent roles at Cover Genius
- Opportunity to travel extensively including to AU, EU and US
- High energy, fast paced and inclusive working environment
- Health and wellness benefits
- Peer bonus program
- Stock-based incentives
- Generous bonuses for employee referrals
- Free office snacks and drinks
- Job-related training
- Global network which offers opportunity to transfer to other markets
How to apply
To apply, please follow the below link and complete the online application process: https://www.workable.com/j/7CC788DA85