Data Analyst / Developer
CANARY Consulting provides insurance product development services to P&C insurance companies, start-ups and MGA’s. This includes rate and form filings, actuarial support and data analysis. Our client’s range in size from single-state insurers to billion-dollar insurers with extensive international operations.
We’re expanding our data team and looking to add an experienced Data Analyst / Developer to our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, while also coordinating and communicating with the team.
As a Data Analyst / Developer, you’ll spearhead the design and development of R scripts to support CANARY’s actuarial models. You will bring your SQL expertise, experience in coding and familiarity with the insurance industry to pull data, script code and organize that data in a way that will support and streamline the regulatory filing process.
While experience in R is preferred we are considering candidates with any coding experience.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Find, Structure, and deliver datasets
- Develop and implementing tools for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and manipulation of large and complex data sets
- Facilitating selection and preparation of data for specific use cases
- Develop templates and systems for repeatable processes
Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a highly technical role
- Experience with data querying and SQL required
- Experience with R Preferred
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, cleansing, standardization and data quality management
- Proven ability to query data across structured and unstructured data sets
- Familiar with Systems architecture and familiarity with how data sets look.
How to apply
- Please send BOTH a resume and cover letter to email@example.com in order to be considered - Applicants who submit only a resume will not be considered.
- Please add #CanaryAnalyst19 to the bottom of your cover letter.
- If you are called in for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 2 references we can call.
- If you have any questions feel free to call or email Iman Dobouni: 937-414-5487 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- To prepare for an interview with CANARY we encourage you to visit our website: www.canaryactuary.com