Chief Financial Officer
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in the insurtech space, and we’re currently looking to add more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the role?
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our Senior Executive Team and manage Clearcover’s core financial functions, including strategic financial planning and analysis, accounting and controls, capital markets and fundraising activities, and audit and risk management. This person will report directly to the CEO and be accountable for all finance-related functions in the company.
Clearcover has grown substantially in the past 12 months and continues to build momentum. As a result, we are looking for someone who has operated at scale and can be a thought-partner to other members of the Senior Executive Team as the Company prepares and plans for the next stage of growth. This role will work cross-functionally with other key stakeholders to drive the company’s growth and profit results.
What will you do?
- Provide strategic FP&A support to the senior executive team and evaluate key business decisions with financial data, cost-benefit analyses, and rigorous analytical thinking.
- Lead the development of Monthly and Quarterly Business reviews at the company-level.
- Lead strategic capital markets activities including equity and debt fund raises, and manage relationships with strategic partners.
- Build, develop and manage a multi-disciplined finance team for both Clearcover Insurance Company and Clearcover, Inc.
- Develop processes for tracking and managing budgets with senior division leaders
- Manage monthly and quarterly close processes, including preparing audited financial statements and management reports.
- Lead annual audits and ensure compliance with GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Manage key accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, payroll, benefits, employee expenses, stock administration, and tax.
- This role reports directly to the CEO and offers the chance to play a key role in scaling a high-growth startup.
What do you need?
- 10-15 years of progressive work experience in the financial industry or in high-growth startups. Progressive experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking is preferred.
- Experience raising both debt and late-stage equity capital.
- Familiarity with direct-to-consumer subscription businesses, and developing and managing cohort-based financial metrics.
- Willingness to think about an organization’s economic objectives from first principles… the map is not the territory.
- Able to work hand-in-hand with our technology and insurance teams as a strategic thought partner, as proven by successful past collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Must be able to lead through influence. Also must be a team player and able to operate as a “player-coach”
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to develop and present clear and concise analysis and recommendations to senior management and our Board of Directors.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage and motivate others.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments backed by strong analytical skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The ability to invest in your future and ours via a competitive equity package (i.e. massive upside potential)
- The ability to build and shape the entire insurance organization of a rapidly growing, disruptive technology startup.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have a strong influence on Clearcover’s overall strategy and operations.