Insurance… sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70 million in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer – startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product we are seeking creative, motivated and innovative commercial P&C actuaries to expand our insurance expertise and lead our actuary function.
As a key member of the Insurance Operations leadership team, you will play an integral role in shaping our insurance strategy. You will be responsible for delivering innovative actuarial solutions, pricing models and rate plans, competitor analysis, trend analysis, and data analytics all to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future. More broadly, you will be responsible for building an actuarial organization.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Establish and deliver best practices related to key model assumptions, pricing methodology, rate indications, key actuarial philosophies, loss trend analysis and a return framework.
- Develop and implement pricing and planning methodologies, evaluate their ongoing effectiveness, and implement necessary changes.
- Development of new pricing models as well as ongoing refinement of existing pricing models.
- Assisting the filing team in preparation of filings and responses to objections.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance to provide subject matter expertise on financial projections.
- Oversee and manage all actuarial projects.
- Engage outside actuarial firms as needed.
- Support reinsurance placements
- Experience as a commercial P&C pricing actuary
- Experience building rate plans as well as exceptional Excel skills
- Adept at bringing creative insurance product ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal
- Experience developing new rating methodologies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- 8+ years of experience as an actuary
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to Have:
- Fellow of the CAS (FCAS)
- Data analytics experience in AI and machine learning
- Reserving experience
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of it’s growing team.
How to apply
Please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com