Business Development Manager
CoverWallet was founded in 2015 by entrepreneurs who saw the opportunity to reinvent the $100 billion small business insurance industry by using data, design, and technology. Today CoverWallet is the easiest way for businesses to understand, buy, and manage insurance online, and we have grown to more than 300 employees around the world. CoverWallet is one of the fastest-growing InsurTech companies and was named one of the most promising startups for the CNBC Upstart 100 in 2018, won the 2017 Best Insurtech Solution from the Benzinga Awards and was named “One of the Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America” by Entrepreneur Magazine.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing repeatable and scalable business development strategies to meet CoverWallet, an Aon company’s performance goals. You will take full ownership of identifying prospective clients and nurturing relationships. You will be a key player in preparing commercial proposals, negotiating contracts and closing deals.
You will receive a competitive salary and work in a highly collaborative environment. We are a fast-paced, growing firm that is the perfect place for a goal-oriented, hardworking individual who is looking to make a difference. We expect massive growth over the next few years, which means you can expect plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify strategic targets and decision-makers, build a pipeline to expand beyond existing clients, and develop strategies to increase deal flow
- Lead prospect qualification and discovery calls/meetings
- Maintain a current and accurate pipeline of early-stage, upside, and demand forecast
- Monitor key performance indicators, giving status updates and feedback on trends, opportunities as well as challenges to meet forecast
- Develop relationships with CoverWallet’s champions within client organizations to increase engagement and growth opportunities
- Effectively articulate our value proposition through the creation of decks, one-pagers, proposals, and other client-facing deliverables working with the content team
- Drive consensus and action among product, engineering, and other support teams within CoverWallet to ensure successful execution of business development initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Master in Business Administration preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business development roles with an emphasis on external-facing engagement with customers/partners.
- Domain expertise in Insurance and/or related fields (Finance, B2b sales).
- Proficiency in Office and/or Google Suite.
- Experience working with SalesForce or CRM tools.
- Proven rapport and relationship-building skills with C-suite and executive-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills from concept to execution, prioritizing high impact activities and keeping projects moving forward driven by deadlines and performance.
- Flawless attention to detail, with strong lean-in and roll-up your sleeves attitude, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record building and managing channel partnerships with favorable business outcomes.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Highly organized, motivated, positive, and self-driven personality with the ability to quickly master challenging topics, think creatively, proactively problem solve, and drive results.
- Strong understanding of the business development cycle from prospecting to deal closing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
To apply, please click here.