Benefits Solution Consultant & Trainer
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we’re passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We’ve built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is looking for an experienced benefits advisor to help our rapidly growing sales team deepen their industry knowledge and become more effective solution sellers. You will develop insurance training materials both for new hires and more experienced personnel. You will work closely with Account Executives on specific deals to help them better understand how to position our offerings. You will work cross-functionally with leadership across underwriting, operations, and product to ensure our proposals are compelling and our service meets the needs of prospects. Your job is to make us better, using your insights and experience from the employee benefits industry.
What you will do:
- Build intimate knowledge of our model and the specifics of our offerings so you can be an asset in strategic conversations company wide
- Develop training materials and run training sessions both for new hires and more experienced reps
- Work with the sales team to develop optimal ways of pitching our product to prospects
- Support Account Executives on sales calls with prospects, working together through the more complicated aspects of plan selections, ancillary lines, HSAs/FSAs, etc
- Conduct financial analyses with competing sales proposals to demonstrate savings to prospects
- Provide feedback cross-functionally to operations on changes to benefit design and network that would help sales convert
- Mediate between sales and underwriting teams on more complicated deals where context and industry knowledge play more outsized roles
- Work with sales operations to capture more robust data on competitors and pricing and present that analysis in a compelling way to internal counter-parties
- Help with compliance efforts, such as assisting our account executives with licensure and ensuring we meet continuing education requirements
- Active life and health license
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an employee benefits sales or sales-adjacent role.
- Experience with self-insured plans is strongly preferred.
- Experience training or managing other sales reps in a prior role
- Based in Austin or willing to travel to Austin periodically (post-COVID)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Extremely organized and 100% reliable
- Excited about startups and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner. You adapt to new situations, processes, domains of knowledge quickly.
- High level computer proficiency, including familiarity with tools like Salesforce, Google Apps, Slack, and Zoom
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
How to apply
To apply please go to our career page and fill out the application: https://jobs.lever.co/sanabenefits