Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers – and we’re just getting started.
We are seeking an Actuary to join our Insurance team and manage the profitability of our Insurance product offerings. You will work closely with internal and external partners, including our reinsurer, to ensure we are responsibly managing our portfolio while helping to meet other company priorities. You will be responsible for setting and managing rate levels across all states for both our Surety and Renters Insurance product lines, including filing rate filings with the states as part of that effort. You will also be responsible for understanding the loss performance of those products, including helping our reinsurer set their own reserves. You will work closely with our Insurance Product and Compliance teams to build and launch new Insurance products as we look to iterate on our core offering and expand into other lines. You will also work alongside our Product and Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams to bring those products to market. You will report to the Vice President of Financial Products (FCAS).
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the actuarial development and pricing of new products
- File and maintain rates at the state level working directly with Departments of Insurance
- Perform competitor analyses and understand the competitive landscape as it pertains to products and rate levels
- Build out our inventory of loss analytics capabilities to further our understanding of our portfolio performance
- Perform reserve analyses to help our reinsurer understand portfolio performance
- Act as the portfolio performance SME across the organization
- Collaborate with the rest of the Insurance team as well as our Business Line Lead and other functions to bring new products to market
- Manage our relationship with our Reinsurer’s actuaries
Experience & Qualifications
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- 7+ years of direct Actuarial experience working with Personal Lines P&C products; experience at a startup a plus
- Skilled in both SQL and R; Python experience is a plus
- Experience in P&C Reserving
- Experience in P&C Pricing
- Experience building ML model for use in pricing is a plus
- Experience working with Departments of Insurance and the rate filing process
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate with stakeholders across the organization
Jetty’s integrated suite of products help property managers increase lease conversions, improve resident retention, reduce bad debt, and boost NOI. For renters, Jetty decreases the financial burden of moving into a new home and offers greater flexibility with how and when to pay rent.
Jetty has raised more than $70M from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi and Valar, and has a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country. To learn more about Jetty, visit jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break,” and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, monthly childcare, and monthly phone/internet bill
How to apply
- Job posting to apply: https://grnh.se/552d53242us
- Life at Jetty: https://www.jetty.com/careers